Christmas gifts

Started by cathouse willy, December 08, 2018, 12:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathouse willy

What are you making this year? Family and friends get smoked goodies from me.
Bacon,cheese and kielbasa.

Edward176

Looks really good and yummy there cathouse. I'm planning on brining turkey breasts and thighs and smoking them for Christmas dinner. Made it last year, to go along with my oven baked turkey, and it was a SMASH. So this year my wife told me I wanted to do "that smoked turkey thing again" this year. So that's my plan. I've already smoked 2 large 1 1/2 kg hams, 8 nugget sized hams, and 2 whole pork loins to last through the Christmas Holidays. Lots of turkey, cold cuts and ham to keep everyone happy.   

GusRobin

You do know that you and I are related don't you? So I will be expecting my share soon.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Habanero Smoker

Those are great gifts. You got some nice smoke on that bacon.

For this year's homemade gifts I'm making some infused salts, smoked candied mixed nuts, and for Christmas a smoked 4 bone-in prime rib (not using the Bradley).

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Looking good cathouse willy  :)

This year got some wild Alaskan salmon sides which have been cured in a rock salt and molasses sugar dry cure then cold smoked with whisky oak bisquettes. When vacuum sealing the thin slices are lightly brushed with a single malt whisky, done a similar thing for many years but normally with farmed salmon and family / friends use it as a starter on Christmas Day.

Also have a large smoked ham, pastrami and smoked mackerel pate to distribute.
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on December 10, 2018, 06:55:02 AM
Looking good cathouse willy  :)

This year got some wild Alaskan salmon sides which have been cured in a rock salt and molasses sugar dry cure then cold smoked with whisky oak bisquettes. When vacuum sealing the thin slices are lightly brushed with a single malt whisky, done a similar thing for many years but normally with farmed salmon and family / friends use it as a starter on Christmas Day.

Also have a large smoked ham, pastrami and smoked mackerel pate to distribute.

This also sounds great. Good to see your post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Thanks Habs, been using my new Bradley smoker regularly. Also curing and smoking some trout from a local reservoir using a similar method to the salmon... never smoked trout before and plan a tasting session with friends to compare and contrast over Christmas. I like the sound of your smoked candied mixed nuts in particular and I too have a large bone in rib roast on order.  :)
Manxman

watchdog56

Giving my in-laws some venison summer sausage and cheese.