I’m thinking about buying a Bradley Smoker is it worth the money investing in one.

Started by Army_flea, January 13, 2019, 08:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Quote from: Army_flea on February 09, 2019, 03:41:49 PM
Well I finally picked out and purchased a pellet smoker grill.  Thanks everyone for the help!!! Here's what I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats!    Those are great and a great company to deal with ;)                  P,M sent
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

TwistedSanity

Congratz Army,

Enjoy your new addiction. :-)

Army_flea

Well I'm doing my first test on my RECTEC smoker.  I'm smoking a Boston BUTT.

TMB

Quote from: Army_flea on February 16, 2019, 12:44:50 PM
Well I'm doing my first test on my RECTEC smoker.  I'm smoking a Boston BUTT.

Well?   How did it turn out?     Also, what is the butt sitting on (what's in the pan??)

Army_flea

It turned out really good.  I learned that theirs a difference in a Boston Butt shoulder and a regular Boston Butt.  One is usuallyused for barbecue and the other for a roast. It turned out good though.  I got it sitting in a pan. The pan had juices in it from the butt.

TMB

Quote from: Army_flea on February 25, 2019, 05:26:56 AM
It turned out really good.  I learned that theirs a difference in a Boston Butt shoulder and a regular Boston Butt.  One is usuallyused for barbecue and the other for a roast. It turned out good though.  I got it sitting in a pan. The pan had juices in it from the butt.

I always use a BUTT never a shoulder butt, reason is with my bad hands and back it's easier for me to pull the butt apart vs a shoulder with a bone

Army_flea

So is Bradley bringing out a new smoker now?

TedEbear

Army_flea

forwardres

There are many different grills available online. I used an old grill for a long time, but I decided to buy a new one about a year ago. Modern grills surprised me with their functionality, but I knew I needed a large grill since I usually cook meat when friends visit. I asked for help, and users on the forum recommended that I choose grill here https://ugrilujte.cz and not in vain. After analyzing the grills, I bought the Girls udírnou Smoky Fun Big Chief 20 and have no regrets. Terrific grill; the meat comes out great.

Habanero Smoker

It's really a personal choice. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. When I have the time I prefer charcoal, because it provides a distinct flavor. I use my propane grill, for when I don't have the time, and I'm only grilling a very small amount of food.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

travisjamun

I  want one where I don't have go outside and add wood chips to it every 30 minutes and temperature stays pretty accurate.
myindigocard
jjsploit download

Habanero Smoker

Hi travisjamun,

Welcome to the forum.

The Bradleys' do not use wood chips. All Bradley's have a bisquette system that automatically places one bisquette on the burner plate, at approximately 20-minute intervals. So for each hour of smoke, you load 3 bisquettes. Once the chute is loaded you do not have to attend to the smoke fuel source.

You just load the chute with how much smoke you want to apply to the meat, and it will automatically move the bisquettes to the bisquette burner, and eject the burnt bisquette that was on the burner. The digital Bradleys' are limited to 9 hours and 40 minutes maximum smoke, before you need to reset and/or reload the bisquette time or add more bisquettes. The Original model you can load the full chute and let it run to it runs empty. Both these models, you need two "leader bisquettes" to move the first bisquette to the burner. So if you want one hour of smoke, you load 5 bisquettes. If you want to appley 4 hours of smoke you add 14 bisquettes.  But the longest smoke time that you will need to smoke a brisket or pulled pork is 4 - 6 hours, and most only use 4 hours. For the P10, the maximum smoke time before you need to reset the timer or add more bisquettes, is 10 hours. No leader bisquettes are needed.

For accuracy, it depends on what accuracy you need. The Originals, can maintain steady temperature, but you may need to adjust the settings throughout the smoke/cook time. The digital model's accuracy will fluctuate about +/- 10 degrees of your set temperature. This is fairly accurate for most smoking. If you want better accuracy, a lot of members have added a third-party temperature controller, such as an Auber PID. The Auber will control either model to within +/- 1 degree. Both these models you can convert to cold smokers, rather easily.

The P10 is the most accurate. I find it will hold my set temperature to +/- 2 degrees. Because of the higher wattage (with two 400w heating elements), it is best for barbequing, and/or low roasting meats. It has two bisquette burners that heat the cabinet way above cold smoking temperature, so it is not good for cold smoking. And I can barely keep the temperature low enough to stay within the hot smoking range; 100 - 180 degrees.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)