seasoning a new smoker

Started by wbrewski, January 19, 2019, 11:07:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbrewski

Hi guys , I just got my new 6 rack Bradley smoker. I was wondering what is the best way to season a new smoker?
I smoke 2 ways one in a bradley and a shotgun

Orion

Those instructions are all included in the paperwork . I strongly suggest you take the time to read them and understand the whole process of seasoning and smoking before you begin. It will safe you possible grief and make for a better product . Technically , if you don't figure out the seasoning process you won't have much luck smoking.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Habanero Smoker

I didn't season mine by the instructions that Bradley provides. Clean the racks, water bowl, rectangular tray, and drip pan. Insert the drip pan, water bowl (1/2 - 3/4 filled with water), and rectangular tray in the smoker (no need to season the racks). Turn the generator on and set the smoker for 225°F, with the vent wide open. Run this for about 30 minutes to an hour. This is to burn off any residual oils that remain on the metal, after the manufacturing process. Next load the feeder tube with 5 bisquettes (3 if you have bisquette savers). Adjust the vent just wide enough to allow the smoke to fully flow out of the vent, and no smoke is backing up into the generator. Apply smoke for one hour. You can apply more smoke, but at this stage it may be a waste of bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)