Bradley P10 Won’t Heat

Started by Keith Schneider, April 02, 2023, 06:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Schneider

Hey guys my Bradley P10 smoker will not heat or advance bisquettes. I have power and can set the temperature , the time and the smoke. The heating light on the top right corner does not come on and there is no heat. Any suggestions?

Keith Schneider

I got the pucks to advance but they will not burn and the heat won't turn on either after set.

Habanero Smoker

I have an older model of the P10, and since I purchased mine they have made a few changes in their firmware. So some of the advice I give may be different than your model.

My model; if the bisquette burners will not work, the whole system shuts down.

I'm not sure how experience you are with the P10; whether it is your first time using it, or if this problem has occurred after several uses. So I'm just going to go over some basic steps that I know will cause this problem.

After you dial in the setting that you want, you need to push the dial in. You will hear/feel a soft click. That click lets you know your setting have been saved. If you don't push the dial in, the setting will reset to the default - which is no power going to the bisquette burners or the heating elements.

If the above advice does not help, you should contact Bradley customer support. There may be a problem with your firmware, or circuit board.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Keith Schneider

Thanks for the information. Have used the smoker a lot and yes I have held the dial to lock my settings in. Was wondering if there is a high temperature switch that may have tripped?

Habanero Smoker

There is a sensor that will cut off the heating elements when the cabinet reaches 356F or 180C, but it should also display an Err4 code. Once the cabinet drops below that temperature, the heating element should work. If the heating elements do not work after the cabinet cools down, the sensor is not working properly, and you would get an Err5 code. The sensor is a small probe, that you can see inside the cabinet. It's on the backwall, at the height where the second tray bracket from the bottom. Many malfunctions have an Err#. Since there are not error codes it's hard to troubleshoot.

You may have to contact Bradley

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Keith Schneider

Very frustrating.....I tried a few things myself trying to see where voltage is running with no luck. Contacted Bradley 3 days ago and they are next to zero help. They are more worried about the actual serial number of the unit I guess that they might think I don't own a P10. They say a technician has to respond to my email, as they have never had this problem before. I call BS and I guess this unit will be used as a door stop.

Habanero Smoker

The reason they need the serial number is that they have made many changes in firmware, the circuit board and other hardware updates, since they first introduced the P10. That serial number lets them know what version you have, and date of manufacturing;  to assist them in trouble shooting.

I'm sure a tech will get back to you soon. I've never seen a post about the problem you are having. It seems to be something new, or very rare. It may take the tech. a few tries to make things right.

Hang in there and let us know the outcome.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Keith Schneider

Finally got an answer. They figure it is the power supply so I will change it out when I get it and let you all know if that was the problem. It's being sent on warranty.

Habanero Smoker

That's good news. You should be up and running soon.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Edward176

Here's hoping it all works out soon.

fencewee

Hi. It's unclear to me how much experience you have with the P10 and if this issue has arisen after a few uses or not. I'll simply go over a few simple things that I know will result in this issue. You must press the dial in once you've adjusted it to your desired setting. You'll detect a little click. You can tell that your settings have been saved by clicking that. The default option, which involves cutting off electricity to the heating elements and bisquette burners, will take effect if the dial is left unturned.