Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), March 12, 2019, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

I read somewhere that the racks will be 13x15 and the currents are 11x13.

TedEbear

Quote from: vanhawki on February 23, 2020, 09:48:06 AM
Anyone (Bradley?) know the size of this? External, internal dimensions? Weight? Will the current racks work or do you need a different size? #worstproductlaunchever?

Click on the link and then the tab for Technical Specs

Bradley Pro Grade Smoker BS1019

Toker

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: vanhawki on February 23, 2020, 09:48:06 AM
Anyone (Bradley?) know the size of this? External, internal dimensions? Weight? Will the current racks work or do you need a different size? #worstproductlaunchever?

I have to agree with you about the launch. Now it appears that it's been launched but they are doing it slowly. If so, that would be a good idea, so they can stay on top of any technical issues, and resolve them quickly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteComing Soon! Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker. 1000 watts of heat, recipe download capabilities for 50 recipes, smoker will read the recipe sequence and perform accordingly, ISmoke technology, Bisquette generator fully contained inside unit, PID controlled ....its going to change how people smoke!
Estimated Launch date in North America May 15th

The quote above is from March 2019 with a release date of May 2019 so where is the update from Bradley Head Office? In my experience when a delay occurs (very often companies look to gain a perceived commercial advantage by releasing information too early) a company is better off saying yes we have had x, y, or z problems but this is how we have resolved them rather than soldier on with no or disinformation. Anyone who is in the market for a new smoker will find this thread, other media sites etc and wonder what on earth is going on.

I worked in a hospital Pathology Laboratory and have a fair bit of experience of manufacture equipment launches both "hard" and "soft", we also acted as an Alpha development site and Beta test site on a number of occasions and the implications and ramifications of a poor launch can go on for years just as the benefits of a good launch set you up for many years.

Ideally Bradley now have this unit out with say half a dozen independent and experienced smokers allowing them to test the thing almost to destruction, perhaps taking them back after a while to take apart and examine both mechanically and electronically to identify potential problems together with comprehensive feedback from these users?

As a committed Bradley Smoker user and fan it must be said this particular episode has been handled very poorly by Bradley not least in allowing ongoing conjecture to cloud the minds of potential purchasers, I would think twice about having one even if Bradley offered to give it to me because of the information I have seen so far and how I use my smoker.... not that they would!  ;)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I totally agree. Also the failure to keep consumers informed on the delays I'm sure they lost business from potential customers who got tired of waiting and purchased another brand.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

vanhawki

Thanks for the replies -  Something with a USB slot isnt "smart", why doesn't it have 5 racks with it out of the box? can you even buy 5th rack? SO frustrated with Bradley regarding this product.

vanhawki

Fully admit I'm on the sarcastic side, but I just sent Bradley this: If you could fix your link to the P10 as it is a 5 rack smoker (I believe), that only comes with 4 racks (weird), with a hyperlink stating 6 racks. Really weird product launch, man. https://www.bradleysmoker.com/product/2019-digital-6-rack-smoker/

Just adding this. Can you even buy a single 5th rack of the correct size, today - so you can use the 5 rack (or maybe its 6 rack) smoker?? - kind of really seems that someone(s) at bradley don't give a rats a$$. And for someone that likes there product (may or may not work in the industry    8)     ), its VERY disappointing.

manxman

It is most odd that Bradley have not addressed people's comments and concerns nor have they provided a product release update yet all the time continue to advertise something that does not appear to be available on their home page?

Rightly or wrongly potential customers will assume there is something significantly wrong cause unknown. I have doubts about cold smoking ability, others like vanhawki have different questions but this is a company moderated forum and yet there is still no news or updates and they appear happy to let the conjecture continue?
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Having a couple of vertical charcoal smokers I don't find it odd that there are more rack rails than racks. It gives you better options on where you can position the racks you want to use, but of coarse those companies give you the option to purchase extra racks. These days it is hard to tell if Bradley will have that as an accessory, especially when they can't even provide racks for their other smokers. If the issue is do to a disruption in the supply chain, you would think they would let their customers know that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

OrdinaryJoe

This is a strange launch. I can't figure out what is going on and if this smoker is doomed to be a lemon.

I live in Calgary where it seems the only actual inventory that I have been able to find is. Myric is in Calgary. I popped by there last weekend and they don't have any currently, and said that all of their next shipment is spoken for already. They are shipping them to the customers in the states. That can't be cheap. Myric is such an odd business to get the first ever production units. It's a little mom and pop appliance repair place in the middle of nowhere. So weird.

Only 2 local Canadian Tire's have them, out of 11 in the area. I popped to both of them today. 1 has it in the warehouse still. The other had it on the salesfloor, but boxed. So I have yet to actually see one out of the box.  The side of the box had BS1019 on it, but the CT website lists it as P800. So confusing.

I emailed Bradley last summer and this is what they said (below). Clearly, the end of September didn't happen and not anywhere close. Nor does Cabelas or Bass Pro have it first.

I'm trying to decide if I go with the Canadian Tire one and risk that this product has serious problems, or risk not being able to get one.  Also, I can't help but think that these types of problems and the lack of communication suggest to me that the company is in a death spiral and going out of business is imminent.

Thank you for contacting Bradley Smoker,

The BS1019 smoker will be in Cabela/Bass Pro first. We are looking at the send of September. Also are you in the United States or Canada?

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

What ever the reason they are definitely losing sales. If they are launching by a slow roll out , that would make sense. When Weber launched the Charcoal Summit, it was such a new design compared to their other charcoal models that they had a slow roll out. They limited production for the first two years, and only sold it at limited-small appliance stores, and hardware stores. Weber also sent out press releases, and put information on their website to let the consumer know what they were doing. The lack of information from Bradley can't be helping their brand name.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

I did wonder if it is simply a supply chain issue, similarly like Habs also says it could be a (very!) slow / soft roll out to allow for user feedback and to give time to resolve any technical issues. However chances are that at least one person who has acquired one of these almost mythical items would be reporting positively or negatively on the forum?

Bradley have done themselves no favours on this one, even the lack of communication itself is very strange?
Manxman

manxman

Quote26 February 2020: We are delighted to announce that the new Bradley P10 Professional Smoker has now arrived in our European warehouses and is available for delivery to our European dealers.

Just found the above on the Bradley smoker UK website, there are even some P10 specific recipes for duck, pheasant, salmon etc !  :)

https://www.bradleysmoker.co.uk/

Also now being advertised for sale in the UK with a 2-3 day delivery, for example:

https://www.nisbets.co.uk/bradley-professional-smoker-bs1019eu/fe640

Hopefully we will begin to get some feedback on this unit before too long although given the UK price of around £1000 including tax sales may be limited to purely professional outlets as the name suggests.

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.