Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), March 12, 2019, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

Quote from: dubob on May 01, 2019, 06:24:56 AM
Just took a look at https://www.bradleysmoker.com and found nothing about it.  Not even a press release announcing it.  I found that odd with the estimated release date just 2 weeks away.
Just building up for the BIG day ;D ;D ;D
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Edward176

Anyone seen or heard if Bradley is still planning on releasing this big bad boy? Any ETA?

Toker

On the Facebook page, they said tentatively end of July but date can still change.

manxman

Interesting project but given Bradley first indicated a May then July release date, possibly longer, suggests a few teething problems? As others have said earlier I would be waiting a while once they are released to give them a chance to iron out the inevitable post release issues as well.

Conversely no doubt there will people who want be be the first to buy, I wish you luck and look forward to your posts and feedback.  :)
Manxman

drdale

Does anyone know if the upgraded 1000 w heater is available so I can upgrade my old 6 rack smoker?  I have a PID on my 500 w single heater model and it never gets up to heat.

jpowers40828

Why not just add a second 500w heating element?

Toker

henninge

Direct from Bradley:  "Thank you for contacting Bradley Smoker. The BS1019 will not be available until September at the earliest."

Toker

Habanero Smoker

I wonder what the issue(s) is/are? Hopefully they decided to incorporate wi-fi, and this is the reason it is taking longer. But it is more likely a mechanical problem. I still think it was a mistake for Bradley to build in the smoke generator into the cabinet. It may make it look more modern, but may also increase the mechanical issues.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

Habs, wifi is really unlikely. Last time I talked with a Bradley rep, the said they've chooses Bluetooth over WiFi for security reasons.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the update. Their reason about security sound fishy to me. Yes, security may be a problem, but there are so many companies using wi-fi home networks without major security problems. I have two devices that not only use my home network, but those companies have their own server that you can connect to, or have to connect to. Once I connect to the company server, as long as my phone stays connected to a wi-fi source, I can go down to the mall do my shopping, and still control my device. Safety and liability would be a more reasonable concern. They may not want someone to be too far away, while monitoring their smoker.

I do have to say it is a nice looking smoker.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

My pid is WiFi man so I sure know what you're talking about [emoji16]

henninge

Quote from: Toker on July 09, 2019, 02:58:44 AM
Habs, wifi is really unlikely. Last time I talked with a Bradley rep, the said they've chooses Bluetooth over WiFi for security reasons.

I should have wifi. Period. No excuses. Firstly, a wifi Bluetooth chip cost is almost the same. Secondly - if this is a security issue, then it is the homeowners WIFI security issue and having a smoker attached to it is the least of their concerns.

Edward176

Anyone seen this big bad smoker yet? Any idea if you can cold smoke with it? Any idea when it'll be on sale and how much?