Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), March 12, 2019, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henninge

Could someone show me where is says bluetooth in the manual? I just did a search throught pdf and didnt see it. Getting old i guess. Reghardless, shouild still be wifi

Habanero Smoker

It seems that Bradley has opted to drop the Bluetooth feature, and thus the change in model name from the BS1019 to the P10. The original plan was a Bluetooth model, because many of the forum members were questioning why not wi-fi also. With many consumers complaining about the Smart Smoker app it appears that Bradley couldn't work out the bugs. They may still have the Bluetooth capability built in, and when they develop a decent app they may release the app in the future.

If you click on the original link to the broacher that I posted, that brochure states it is Bluetooth capable, but if you look at the link that TedEBear posted, that brochure has no mention of Bluetooth. The link is still current. If Bradley takes it down before you view send me a PM and I'll send you the pdf.

Bradley Smoker BS1019 Brochure

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

One thing I know, it will take windows usb flash drive to upload a recipe. It could explain the situation. Maybe they didn't want to use both.

P.s. my apologies, I just remarked that the brochure has been updated. Even the manual doesn't mention Bluetooth anymore.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Toker on January 23, 2020, 01:51:25 PM
One thing I know, it will take windows usb flash drive to upload a recipe. It could explain the situation. Maybe they didn't want to use both.

P.s. my apologies, I just remarked that the brochure has been updated. Even the manual doesn't mention Bluetooth anymore.

So it looks like they are going to launch a "less" smart model, and maybe the Bluetooth version will be launched later on. It can't cost that much to add Bluetooth, so I'm guessing that the model will have Bluetooth technology and when they develop a decent app they will reveal it. That flash drive is not only to load recipes, but to update firmware as improvements are made in their technology. Put that is just a pure guess.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

For cold smoking the new Professional Smoker manual states:

• Use the smoke option only.
• Open the damper to its maximum.
• If outside temperature is too hot, use ice to keep the temperature around 32°C (90°F)
To avoid ice dripping, place the ice cubes into a plastic container or Ziploc bag and place it on the lower
rack. Refill the ice once it's melted.
NEVER PLACE THE ICE LOOSELY ON THE RACKS
NEVER FULLY COVER THE RACK WITH ICE – IT WILL RESTRICT THE SMOKE FLOW

Elsewhere in the manual specifications it says the minimum internal cabinet temperature is 30C / 86F which suggests that its very design precludes smoking at temperatures below this? However all available safety data I can find indicates that cold smoking should be done at no more than 20-30 degrees C (68 - 86F) and in any case should not to exceed 30C / 86F. Cold smoking is also time dependent but in most cases will fall between 2-5 hours in a conventional Bradley and use of a cold smoke adaptor makes this achievable. However the Professional Grade manual suggests there may be a need to use ice to bring the temperature down to 32 C / 90F which to my mind could well be a food safety issue, personally the lower the temperature the better for cold smoking (within reason) and I would be loath to go above even 20C / 68F for any length of time. Perhaps the new professional smoker should not be advertised as a cold smoker per se?
Manxman

Toker

Habs, it's clearly state in the manual the thing you expressed about the firmware. So you're right.

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Gafala

Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Edward176

Someone posted online that the new Bradley is on sale in Canada at Canadian Tire in Ontario for $1039.00 cdn. ($780.00 USD but no store location was given.)

TedEbear

Quote from: Edward176 on February 19, 2020, 02:45:33 PM
Someone posted online that the new Bradley is on sale in Canada at Canadian Tire in Ontario for $1039.00 cdn. ($780.00 USD but no store location was given.)

This one?  CAN$899.95

Bradley Pro Grade Smoker BS1019

Toker

manxman

At one point it was being advertised in the UK at just over £1000, however whilst the advert is still there the price has been replaced with a comment saying "this item has been discontinued by the manufacturer or the supplier."

All very strange, it would be nice if Bradley could provide a forum update but I suppose any problems are commercially sensitive?
Manxman

Edward176

That's the one, I see the prices are still fluctuating till it settles down, hopefully soon.

vanhawki

Anyone (Bradley?) know the size of this? External, internal dimensions? Weight? Will the current racks work or do you need a different size? #worstproductlaunchever?