Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), March 12, 2019, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

I think Manxman should send us a couple to try out Hab.  ;D

manxman

QuoteWOW!!!

It does exist!!!

Next will be news that the Loch Ness monster has been found Habs!  :)

QuoteI think Manxman should send us a couple to try out Hab.

Let me just check my lottery tickets from the weekend ice and once I have confirmed I won the jackpot quite happy to send a couple over to you and Habs  ;)

Two good news stories in a week, the P10 does exist and icemen is posting on the forum, really nice to see that Pat.  ;D

Edit: Bad news I'm afraid, those P10's will have to wait till next week and the lottery jackpot win!!  ::) ;)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: iceman on March 01, 2020, 03:27:04 PM
I think Manxman should send us a couple to try out Hab.  ;D

Hi Iceman;
Good to see you posting. Also I couldn't agree with you more.  ;D

Manxman;
I'm wishing you the best of luck. ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

I know you can pull the win off for us Manx. Best of luck. They don't even have a lottery in Alaska. Bummer.  :(

manxman

Off to Austria for a week this coming Saturday but I have already bought the winning ticket so the lady on the till assures me!  ;) :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

I have my address all typed out. I just have to hit the send button, when you give me the word.  ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.

iceman

Have a good trip Manx. Hab and I will wait until you get back then send shipping instructions. Just did a Italian spicy beef roast for the Chicago style sandwich in the old original Bradley that is now about 20 years old and still cooking. Sure would like to try one in a new fancy smoker!!!  ;D

manfromplaid

I could use one of those also manx but no need to ship it all the way out here my youngest just moved to Belfast for 2 years and she could just come pick it up.  :) :) :) :) :)

manxman

I
Quotehave my address all typed out. I just have to hit the send button, when you give me the word.

QuoteHave a good trip Manx. Hab and I will wait until you get back then send shipping instructions. Just did a Italian spicy beef roast for the Chicago style sandwich in the old original Bradley that is now about 20 years old and still cooking. Sure would like to try one in a new fancy smoker!!!

QuoteI could use one of those also manx but no need to ship it all the way out here my youngest just moved to Belfast for 2 years and she could just come pick it up.

It is good to know there are so many supportive and helpful people on this forum trying to make my life that bit easier!  ;) ;D  Beginning to look like I need to win Euromillions rather than just a couple of million on the UK lottery or maybe winning both would be better given the local boatyard owner is out of the goodness of his heart trying to sell me some fancy "fly by wire" new boat! (not happening!) 8)  Belfast is but a hop, skip and a jump from us manfromplaid so that one will be very easy!  ;) ;D

Joking apart I do hope the P10 is a success for Bradley, perhaps they should hold a competition to see who is using the oldest BS....you can't be far off having the oldest one still cooking Ice although there may be some competition from Habs?

Looking forward to Austria, they seem to have smoked food that I have never tried before such as smoked pike and perch. No more smoking here before I go away but when I get back I have some cod roe in the freezer awaiting the Bradley treatment.  ;)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Enjoy your trip to Austria. The smoked foods sound good. Also keep us updated on the PS10 if you come across one on display.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

manxman

Thanks Habs, will do on both counts.  :)
Manxman

Brianpcooney

Anybody actually have this thing yet?   From what it looks like in the video, the burners are still only in the back.  I'd hoped they would've had one in the back and one in the front, or one on each side. A big issue i have with my OBS is that it overcooks things in the back, and things in the front take forever.  I've since gotten in the habit of making a foil barrier across the back so the heat goes more up the center, instead of straight up the back wall of it.

Habanero Smoker

No hands on reports yet. Having a burner both in the back and front would be a good idea, but it would make changing the water bowl unsafe.

How do you construct the foil barrier, so that there is no buildup of heat, and the foil doesn't burn? How well does it work?

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Orion

Quote from: Brianpcooney on March 14, 2020, 01:08:35 PM
Anybody actually have this thing yet?   From what it looks like in the video, the burners are still only in the back.  I'd hoped they would've had one in the back and one in the front, or one on each side. A big issue i have with my OBS is that it overcooks things in the back, and things in the front take forever.  I've since gotten in the habit of making a foil barrier across the back so the heat goes more up the center, instead of straight up the back wall of it.

I haven't seen one so can't comment on its design. I had the same issue with hot spots in my BDS 4rack...hotter towards the back and bottom sections and having to rotate racks more than was convenient.
I suggest installing a small fan inside and wiring it entirely separate from the smoker. Once I did there was a big difference in heat distribution, moisture dissipation and less need to rotate racks.
Just used a 4 inch fan from a used convection oven and mounted it on the back wall about half way up. I put stops on the 2nd rack support rails so the 2nd rack can still be installed but only slides in enough for door to just close. Thus way the rack does not contact the rotating fan blades.
Cheap and easy fix for your issue.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Olev

Quote from: Brianpcooney on March 14, 2020, 01:08:35 PM

There are two 400W heating elements reaching accross from left to right, 6 inces appart. Provides nice and even heat.