Bradley BS1019 Professional Grade Smoker

Started by Bradley (Head Office), March 12, 2019, 04:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edward176

Oh WOW Toker, it's $850.00 Canadian!!! and free shipping to boot!!  A little different, but hopefully it'll do well and all the bugs are out of it before I buy one :)

Girard

Hello - just signed on... also just received the new Bradley bs1019 pro

Have not been able to season the smoker - or get it to start the smoking process.  Only light turning on in the function panel is the temperature. Able to enter smoke time, cook time and temperature... waiting to hear back from Bradley support. Maybe I'm missing something...

Any help in getting up and running appreciated.

thanks
G

Toker

Sorry I can't help very much because mine will be here only Thursday but did you press the dial to confirm your operation at the end? I'm just trying.

Habanero Smoker

Hi Girad;

Welcome to the forum.

If you used their email support, that slow things down. Calling is faster. They have the usual business hours, but I'm sure during these days they are down to minimal staffing.

Look like the forum is up to at least three buyers.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Girard

Thanks Toker - yes - pushed the rotary button.  I think the issue is that in the manual, it says if you select these buttons, the lights flash and such... that's just not happening.  Many of the processes are working - was able to get the bisquette to move... landed right in the water and dissolved...   :)

Will wait til tomorrow and call - like Habanero suggests.

Thanks all

G

Toker

Or if you use Facebook, there's always someone to answer your questions.

Brianpcooney

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on March 14, 2020, 01:48:30 PM
No hands on reports yet. Having a burner both in the back and front would be a good idea, but it would make changing the water bowl unsafe.

How do you construct the foil barrier, so that there is no buildup of heat, and the foil doesn't burn? How well does it work?

For a while i was sacrificing the bottom rack space and putting a doubled up piece of foil wrapped around the back of it a rack, maybe about 3 inches wide. But that's not too practical in a 4 rack smoker.  I have extra racks so lately ive been wrapping the back maybe 3 inches of a rack with foil and putting it upside down over the drip tray.   It directs the heat flow more to the center, or maybe just slows it down and makes it turbulent so it doesn't just flow up the back. 
When i smoke things, it's usually a mess of probe wires coming out of the thing, so i really hate having to excessively rotate racks.

Habanero Smoker

Thanks for the explanation. Generally when I do use my Bradley I try to leave the bottom rack empty. I may try this the next  time I have a long cook.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Toker

Recieved mine so, if you have any questions, just ask[emoji16]

Toker

Smoker John

What are going to smoke in it first Toker? It looks really nice
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Toker

Quote from: Smoker John on April 23, 2020, 09:22:32 AM
Probably pork loin.

TMB

Quote from: Toker on April 23, 2020, 10:50:01 AM
Quote from: Smoker John on April 23, 2020, 09:22:32 AM
Probably pork loin.
Can't wait to see this unit in action!!  I hope it works the way it should
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

waynerto

Does this unit have wifi connectivity so that you can keep an eye on temperatures remotely, as if you had a Thermoworks Signals?