Added another Bradley

Started by LinzRyder, March 30, 2019, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinzRyder

I'm not new to smoking, but I picked a barely used Digital Bradley last weekend for a steal. I've had an Original for 4+ years along with the cold smoke adapter, and also have large and mini max Big Green Eggs.  I'm looking forward to having the convenience and control of the digital unit, and being a part of this forum.

The snow in Ontario has melted (well it's snowing right now but it'll be gone soon enough) so it's time to enjoy time outdoors cooking! Smoking ribs tomorrow and then I want to perfect my smoked bacon.

Who else smokes bacon?
Bradleys: Digital & Original
Big Green Eggs: Large & MiniMax

Habanero Smoker

Hi LinzRyder;

Welcome to the forum.

Many of us smoke bacon; such as side (belly), buckboard, Canadian etc. Side bacon is getting more difficult for me to find.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cathouse willy

Hello and welcome to the forum. I make maple cured bacon from this excellent recipe from Tenpoint5. His post has a good description of his recipe and method.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8044.msg82516#msg82516

Edward176

Hello LinzRyder and welcome to the forum. I'll echo Habanero and Cathouse on smoking bacon. I smoke Back Bacon and Side Bacon regularly several times a year. Enjoy.

manxman

Welcome to the forum. I bought my first Bradley in 2005 and recently replaced it with another original complete with cold smoker attachment whilst my son is using the old one.

Do a batch of oak smoked back bacon roughly every 4-6 weeks, one of the best things to come out of a Bradley!  :)
Manxman

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712