Door fell off of cold smoker attachment

Started by _Bear_, April 15, 2019, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

I was out cleaning up the deck, BBQ and Bradly today getting ready to cold smoke some eggs to pickle, I went to attach my cold smoker attachment and the door fell off of it. Looks like it was just cheap aluminum rivets on it, so I am just going to replace them with some stainless steel rivets I have laying around from when I was running my race car unless someone has a better idea? Has this happened to anyone before?
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Habanero Smoker

It hasn't happened to me, but I going to be checking that today.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

I have two Bradley cold smoke attachments one about a year old and another a few years old possibly one of the earliest made? However I live close to the sea and have got in to the habit of giving the hinge assembly a spray with WD40 or similar a couple of times a year to try and protect against moisture ingress.... just checked and both seem fine. Thanks Bear helpful information.
Manxman

TMB

Quote from: manxman on May 09, 2019, 07:17:47 AM
I have two Bradley cold smoke attachments one about a year old and another a few years old possibly one of the earliest made? However I live close to the sea and have got in to the habit of giving the hinge assembly a spray with WD40 or similar a couple of times a year to try and protect against moisture ingress.... just checked and both seem fine. Thanks Bear helpful information.
WD40 is good  BUT have you ever tried Dow Corning 111?    Best stuff I ever used to keep metal from rusting or corrosion

Used it on cars and boats never fails. Just a lite coat and your good for a long time 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=dow-corning+111&gclid=Cj0KCQjwn8_mBRCLARIsAKxi0GLe3P2JNOLwADSEPSYlAVn3IklM-xlNPAYZE7SROtZK6v6KzayuE24aAsP7EALw_wcB&hvadid=224102076425&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9012452&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t2&hvqmt=e&hvrand=5601833300375266106&hvtargid=aud-646675773986%3Akwd-372013906078&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_4ncw0mxm2n_e
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

manxman

Thanks TMB will check Amazon UK to see if they have it?  :)

Edit: now ordered!  :)
Manxman

TMB

Quote from: manxman on May 09, 2019, 07:38:07 AM
Thanks TMB will check Amazon UK to see if they have it?  :)

Edit: now ordered!  :)
Just remember a little goes a long way!!    BTW, use rubber gloves or wipe with a rag.  Hard to get off your skin the stuff is that goood!

manxman

Thanks for the advice, plan on using on my boat as well.  :)
Manxman

TMB

Quote from: manxman on May 09, 2019, 01:24:20 PM
Thanks for the advice, plan on using on my boat as well.  :)
Water rpoof thats for sure ;)    I would use it a lot on car bushings during the winter when they would squeek.  Once I put 111 on they never made anymore noise for the rest of the cars life  :D 

Great for rubber bushngs, pivot points, slides mech's  (tow truck drivers used it on their sliding beds)   only thing it's not good for is running inside a motor  ;D ;D ;D ;D