Build a smoker stand?

Started by BBQ_Ben, April 15, 2019, 07:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQ_Ben

Redoing my deck and losing the step where I usually stage my Bradley. I don't love the idea of having it on the ground - just easier to get things in and out of it's raised up...

Point is that I'm pondering building a stand to raise the smoker up. Has anyone done this? Any advice or things you wish you'd known before you started?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion

If you're building a stand I'd make the surface large enough to put lots of other things on it...oven mitts, tongs, temp probes, fluids ect. I'd also put a shelf underneath for your pucks and bricks if you ever use them for heat retention.
I use a table with castors on the legs so it is easy to move the whole issue in and out of the shop. It's nice to have the extra space on the table for everything I need to smoke stuff.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Habanero Smoker

I purchased a 3 shelf cart from Sam's Club. It's easy to move around, if you decide you need to move it to another area of the deck. It will rust, but I've had mine for about 15 years. Though rusty, the wheels still move freely, and it's easy to move around. If you are building your own you may want to use this as a guideline. If you purchase this, make sure you do  not use the deep shelf as the top shelf.
Utility Cart

I supplement this with a small folding outdoor aluminum side table to place the racks on when loading and unloading the smoker, or I would use a 4 foot folding table when I need more work space. That way nothing is permanent, so I can use the space on my deck I need to.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

dubob

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 16, 2019, 02:26:26 AMI purchased a 3 shelf cart from Sam's Club.
Yep - I did the same thing.  Worked great.  Then I saw this TRINITY Stainless Steel Prep Table at Costco and bought it.  It is all stainless and puts the Bradley at a perfect height for loading/unloading and is very easy to roll in and out of the garage storage position.  Either are good choices, but I really like the Trinity best.  Here is a picture of the original cart set up before I bought the Trinity:

Here is the Trinity cart set up I use now:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Habanero Smoker

I have a Costco membership. If my cart ever wears out I might purchase that one. Being all stainless steel is a plus. Most of those type of carts only the shelves are stainless steel and the legs are chrome plated.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

_Bear_

I am cheap, I just have a plastic table and when I use my cold smoker attachment I use a milk crate to put it on

Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

BBQ_Ben

This is all awesome. Thanks for the advice. That stainless steel cart just might be the way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk