Formally Crazy Canuck, I'm Back

Started by Smokin Doe, May 19, 2006, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Doe

Formally known as Crazy Canuck I have returned to enjoy the new forum.  I have been really busy as I have taken the leap from employee to management.  I tried to log on under my old handle, but as I seen that the improvement of the chat lines I decided on a new handle.  I'm glad to see alot of the old handles as well as all the new ones.  Only have a few minutes so I will get into what I have been smokin' since I last logged on.  Pastrami, Jerky (moose,deer and bison), Salmon, Cod, Snapper, Rainbow Trout.  Salami, Garlic Sausage, Jerked burger.  Tried some interesting new recipies and will begin sharing the next time.

Habanero Smoker

Welcome back. I'm looking forward to your recipes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

Garlic Sausage~~! Umm you have my ears... talk to me...  ::)

BTW Welcome back.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

asa

Has anyone tried the salami recipe on the Morton website (http://www.mortonsalt.com/recipes/recipeex.asp?recipeid=115)? I was thinking of smoking it.

(Tried to search for "salami" on the forum, and came up with dozens of pages of irrelevant posts, but Smokin Doe's was the most recent that actually included the search term. Guess I still don't know how to use the search engine to get what I want - I think I'm following the previously posted instructions, but that may just be the way it is)
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!

Oldman

asa,

It looks like to me that the search on this board is messed up.  When I search by Topic subjects only I only get one hit. If I search by Show results as messages I get all kinds of hits, but nothing about salami~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

asa

I agree. That's what others have been complaining about too. It is certainly not very efficient. Wonder if other boards that use this same engine are the same, or if it is unique to us.
Enjoy good Southern-style smoked barbecue -- it's not just for breakfast anymore!
Play old-time music - it's better than it sounds!
     And
Please Note: The cook is not responsible for dog hair in the food!!