Overheating error message - oven shutdown

Started by theDon, May 14, 2019, 04:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theDon

I have used the smoker 3 times now.  Seasoning it, cooked some chicken wings (all went well), and then tried a brisket.  Had the smoke on and the oven temperature set to 225 F.  After about 4 hours it shut off and started beeping, saying that the oven had overheated.  It was not hot at all.  Had to shut down to get computer screen back functioning.  It continued to give this error, even after opening the door and the temperature was obviously low.  After about 20 minutes I was able to restart.  A couple of hours later - same issue. 

Does anyone know what the problem is, or the fix?  Or does the unit have to go back?

Habanero Smoker

Hi Don;

Welcome to the forum.

You should contact Bradley customer service to help you trouble shoot this problem. I seems like a malfunctioning sensor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

jpowers40828

I had the same issue happening to me. The thermometer in the smart smoker would report super high temperatures at time, resulting in that error and basically disabling the smoker until it was powered off and back on. After talking to their customer support, the technician suggested replacing the thermometer (which I had already tried). He also suggested that the headphone looking jack can have issues lead to problems. I ended up bypassing that and using a piece of ethernet cable to temporarily test his theory. I haven't had an issue since.

Having smoker cabinet and the controller connected via cable that used butt connectors was a little problematic for me when I wanted to move the smoker. I ended up getting some aviation plugs through amazon and soldered those in so i could have a cable to unplug them from each other. I then made a cable from some 18/4 security wire. I haven't been using it long, but it has worked well so far. As you can tell by the pictures, i also have the cold smoke adapter hooked up, the custom cable allows me to leave it hooked up and do a cold or hot smoke in either configuration.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D7SHKGK/