New smoke this week

Started by _Bear_, June 10, 2019, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Ok, going to try something new to me this weekend using a recipe off of the recipe site (link below) Bacon Wrapped Chicken with a little twist. I am planning on using a nice honey ham and either smoked Mozzarella or Smoked Havarti. Any thoughts on what would be the best cheese? I also want the bacon a little crispy, any thoughts on finishing them off on the grill?

https://web.archive.org/web/20151005024452/http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?43-Smoked-Bacon-Wrapped-Chicken-Breast-1
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Habanero Smoker

I've never made these, but would be interested in what ingredients you end up using.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

rnmac

Will be interested to hear what happens with this recipe. The pics sure look tasty.

_Bear_

I will post what I did and how it turns out. I can't seem to get into my photobucket account so I can't post pics, sorry.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

TMB

Sounds great, I just always have issues with keeping the cheese inside.  I flatten the chicken and wrap tight but it aways finds a way out
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

_Bear_

Quote from: TMB on June 12, 2019, 07:09:25 AM
Sounds great, I just always have issues with keeping the cheese inside.  I flatten the chicken and wrap tight but it aways finds a way out
Did you add cheese slices? I am going to shred mine and put it in hoping I could control placement a little more. It probably won't work, but I am going to try it lol
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Well they are in the fridge ready to smoke tomorrow for supper. I used an off the bone honey ham, shredded mozza cheese that I smoked almost 2 months ago (with hickory) and maple bacon. Will smoke tomorrow with maple for 4 pucks and pull at 160*. I will report back after eating. I wish I could post pics. Anyone know of a free pic hosting site?
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Just trying a new image host. Bacon wrapped chicken cordon blue for tomorrows smoke

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Well we are smoking.....One change, I had to use apple instead of maple. I went into my "big box O Smokin stuff" as my wife calls it, and to my surprise I had no more maple left

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

Orion

That's going to be really good. Any particular reason you're using the bottom rack?
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

_Bear_

Well I would defiantly make these again. 80 min of apple smoke followed by 145 min @220* (3 hrs 45 min total). Pulled it at IT 160* and FTC for 40 min. Temp came up to 164 then started dropping back. Very happy with the outcome, the only thing I will be changing is using more cheese next time

Orion, I just decided to try the bottom rack, don't know if it made any difference or not

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

Orion

Wow! You're one good cook. Those look sooo good. I'll be trying that this weekend. Thanks for posting all the details and pictures.

I find the lower rack runs hotter than those above by a few degrees. No big deal, especially when you're monitoring IT so well .
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Edward176

Oh yeah Bear, now that looks really good, I think I'll be trying that too :)

_Bear_

Thanks for the compliments guys. I can't take all the credit, the wife helped me roll them. My sausage like fingers ain't exactly dainty for dong this stuff lol.
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Olds (the original recipe author) is correct that the left overs make great sandwiches. A little Dejon mustard, a skim of mayo and a few slices of tomato makes a GREAT sandwich. We only ate 1 1/2 of them last night so I have lots of leftovers, just the way I like it!
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ