Anyone know anything about this pistol??

Started by TMB, March 06, 2020, 05:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

One of my co-workers said to me  "I found your pistol"!  Its a Ruger 57  the bullets are slightly bigger than a .22 and more in line with a .223 with a smaler casing

With my bad hands and shoulders it's hard forme to handle a 1911 .45 cal or even a M&P .40 cal  but this little sweetheart fits the bill!!

Just wonder if anyone knows anything about it?     Is it reliable?    Does it jamb?  Priced right at 699.00 also

Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

tbronder5

Quote from: TMB on March 06, 2020, 05:45:10 AM
One of my co-workers said to me  "I found your pistol"!  Its a Ruger 57  the bullets are slightly bigger than a .22 and more in line with a .223 with a smaler casing

With my bad hands and shoulders it's hard forme to handle a 1911 .45 cal or even a M&P .40 cal  but this little sweetheart fits the bill!!

Just wonder if anyone knows anything about it?     Is it reliable?    Does it jamb?  Priced right at 699.00 also

I can't speak to the Ruger 57 but I can speak to the FN Five Seven. FN has made that round what it is today. I love that gun. I am not sure why people always want to compare it to a .22. It is by far a .22. I would tell you it is a low recoil gun. Less recoil than a 9mm. Me personally and I think anyone familiar with the gun and round will tell you to spend a little more and by the FN. Let me know what other questions you have

Trevor

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Kilo9

I do not own the ruger and have not seen one in person yet. I have had an FN Five seven for a while. I like it It's light weight, good trigger weight. Zero issues with it.
As for the round it's light recoil, can easily ding steel at 100 yards. It feeds reliably due to its bottleneck design. Muzzle blast is loud. It's difficult to find at times and sometimes expensive when you do find it.

The reviews on the ruger seem positive. I'm hoping to see one released with a threaded barrel and an rmr cut on it soon. At the very least I want it to catch on and help with ammo supply and cost.