Heating element won’t heat up

Started by zueth, June 22, 2019, 02:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I had a small fire in smoker while cooking pork butt, I caught it early because I had maverick monitoring temp but after fire the heating element won't turn on. I swapped out heating element with a good one and still won't turn on. What else can I check? There is damage to foam on back of unit but all the wires look fine.

The smoke generator works and temp sensor picks up on temp going up in cabinet when it is running so I think sensor is good. The plug on the back shows it is getting power.   

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward176

Hello zueth, sorry to hear about your fire. I'm not sure but if I had to guess (seeing that the heating element isn't the issue and wiring appears ok) I'd say that maybe your inline fuse blew. It's an inline wired fuse that blows when temperatures exceed, I believe, around 320°F. Its accessible by removing your back panel.

zueth

Thank you.  I will check in line fuse.

When I test cable has power up until inline fuse then nothing after that. Looks like that is it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zueth

The fuse fixed the problem. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cbshook

So my BTDS108P did the same thing, I put a new heating element in it and not working. I am getting the E1 error so I have ordered a new sensor wire.
I checked Ohms on element and my fuse is bad too,
Can anyone help me find a new inline fuse and also can anyone help me find a new sensor wire receptacle that is on the back of the smoker, mine is real loose.
How do I know if the temp sensor is still ok? Or can someone help me find that part too.
[email protected]

thanks
Chad

zueth

Yard and Pool has everything you need.

cbshook

I got everything I was looking for except I can not find the female plug for the back of the smoker that the sensor cable goes into and then goes to the other box on the side. In the picture above it comes from the temp sensor and has the white cloth heat cover and black connector.

Edward176

Hello cbshook and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your issues but you can always contact Bradley and they can mail you any and all parts that you need. Never dealt with Yard and Pool but I hear they're good as well. Don't know whether Bradley or Yard and Pool has better pricing, but talk with Bradley service rep and they can help you determine what you need and they'll ship it out ASAP. Great service !!!!