Side Ribs for Canada day

Started by _Bear_, June 28, 2019, 03:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Bear_

Doing up a batch of side ribs on Sunday mostly because Monday will need to be a day of rest lol. Going to use the same rub and sauce I used on a pork shoulder I did a couple of weeks ago (listed below) because the wife loved it. I am going to use the 3-2-1  method but it usually ends up being a 3-2-3 in the end with side ribs. We are doing some clean up here because yesterday (June 27th) we had a big storm come through. Sustained wind of close to 60 mph (96 kph) and an inch and a half of rain all inside of 20 min. I am glad we don't live down by the river, but we defiantly had a creek going through our yard lol.

Pork Rub
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup paprika
2 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper

Brush ribs with the Dijon mustard first, then apply the dry rub.

Carolina-Style Barbecue Sauce
This is Carolina-style barbecue sauce. This means that it is vinegar and mustard based, as opposed to the ketchup and molasses-based sauces of the mid and southwest. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors brings out the absolute best in grilled or smoked pork or chicken.
Ingredients
•   1 cup/240 mL prepared yellow mustard
•   1/2 cup/120 mL sugar
•   1/3 cup/80 mL light brown sugar
•   3/4 cup/180 mL cider vinegar
•   1/4 cup/60 mL water
•   2 tablespoons/30 mL chili powder (mild)
•   1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
•   1 teaspoon/5 mL white pepper
•   Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne
•   1 teaspoon/5 mL soy sauce
•   2 tablespoons/30 mL butter
•   Steps to Make It
1.   Combine all ingredients, except soy sauce and butter, in a medium saucepan. Simmer on low for 20 minutes, making sure to stir occasionally. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 more minutes.

2.   Remove sauce from heat and allow mixture to cool for 10 to 15 minutes before using.
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

Edward176

Thanks for the post and recipes Bear, they look yummy.

_Bear_

Prepping with mustard and rub, then resting in refrigerator for 18hrs. Excuse the mess in the kitchen, it is a busy long weekend lol

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ

_Bear_

Resting before going into the smoker

Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ