Pineapple sausage recipe

Started by kamano, August 13, 2019, 07:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamano

Anyone have a recipe for Pineapple sausage? I make my own Hawaiian sausage and this is different taste.
Mahalo Kamano

Habanero Smoker

Hi kamano;

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have a recipe, but this post got me interested. A quick google I found one recipe on the Bradley product site. If you come up with a recipe I would be interests in how yours turns out.

Hawaiian Style Sausage

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kamano

Aloha Habanero

I have been using this recipe for many years now. My wife doesn't like the sausage smoked so I omit the Phosphate and instacure and I use a steamer to cook the sausage a bit then I fry it in veg oil. (if you want more pineapple taste, use crushed pinapple bits and add just before you stuff.
Hope this works for you!!!

As for the pineapple sausage...I was wondering if this was the same recipe that I have.

Aloha Kamano

Habanero Smoker

I tend to prefer fresh sausage over smoked sausage also. If I make his type of sausage it will most likely be fresh, or at least the first batch will.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ratherbboating

I was just looking for something different to make.  I might try a batch of Hawaii sausage and eat with breakfast.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

kamano

Rather

Let me know how you like it! I would use a smaller casing if you want it for breakfast.

Aloha
Kamano