Newbie question

Started by kobi_lo, September 28, 2019, 10:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kobi_lo

Hi,
I have just got new Bradley digital smoker (4 racks).
I know how to set the temp/time of the oven.
But how, and more specific, how much time should i set the 'smoke' option.
I wnat to smoke 4lb ribeye, turkey breast and chicken wings (the wings are for my Vegen friend's ;)  )
Thanks in advance.

P.S
Can i use different kind of briskets during smoke proces??
Like apple, cherry, etc.

Habanero Smoker

Hi kobi_lo,

Welcome to the forum.

I have the original, but as a guideline most of us just use the amount of bisquettes that we are going to use for the smoke application. For example the items you want to smoke, I generally apply 3 hours of smoke (9 bisquettes), that would mean you would have to load 11 bisquettes to get 9 hours of smoke, because the other two bisquettes will be left on the ramp. Search the internet for Bisquettes Savers, instead of loading 11 bisquettes you will load 9 bisquettes and 3 bisquettes savers, and set the timer for the maximum amount of time - leaving the bisquette burner on the full time will help in heating the cabinet.

You can use any combination of bisquette flavors. For example for turkey I like to start with 1 hour of cherry, then finish with two hours of apple or maple.

I hope your vegan friend can take a joke.  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

LOL, Is there really such a thing as a vegen "friend"???
Anyway kobi_lo, welcome to the forum and enjoy....

kobi_lo

Thank you very much for both of you!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Edward176 on September 28, 2019, 01:50:57 PM
LOL, Is there really such a thing as a vegen "friend"???
Anyway kobi_lo, welcome to the forum and enjoy....

Yes they can!! And they can even be relatives!!!!  ::) ;D ;D

I have two Original Bradleys', and now in the process of selling one to a vegan relative. We are trying to arrange a day when he can come over so I can show him how to use it. We will be smoking some marinated tofu, nuts, salt, and maybe a few other items.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Edward176

Somehow Hab that sounds like sacrilege. I mean the marinated tofu...... I've had smoked cheese, nuts, and bean to mention a few non meat items. But Tofu??? I don't think that's something I'd like to try, and I have tried numerous "versions" of tofu and it just doesn't cut the mustard, sorry. But whatever people want and like I guess.

Habanero Smoker

If you think that is sacrilege, I'm planning on making tofu "burnt ends". :)  It's all in the preparation. When prepared properly, tofu is like a sponge. It will absorb the flavors you season and/or marinate it with.

Albeit, it will not replace meat, but this year I'm looking to reduce my meat consumption during the late fall and winter months.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

dubob

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 29, 2019, 01:27:12 PMAlbeit, it will not replace meat, but this year I'm looking to reduce my meat consumption during the late fall and winter months.
That is an absolutely insane idea!  You need professional help Hab; seek it immediately!   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: dubob on September 30, 2019, 06:08:46 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 29, 2019, 01:27:12 PMAlbeit, it will not replace meat, but this year I'm looking to reduce my meat consumption during the late fall and winter months.
That is an absolutely insane idea!  You need professional help Hab; seek it immediately!   ;D

I know!!! I'm already rethinking this. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.