Hello from Vancouver Island

Started by Elfremi, September 11, 2019, 01:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elfremi

Just wanted to say hello from Vancouver Island. I've actually been a member of the forum for a couple of weeks now, but figure it's time to say hi. I've owned a Bradley 4 rack digital smoker for over 8 years. I've recently been doing some mods to my smoker to improve its performance, though during my modding I noticed a major issue with the top left corner of my door seal. I did a temp fix by using some silicone but did order a new seal. If the price isn't more than what's listed on this company's website, I'll share the company info here so any other Canadians in need of a new door seal for their Bradley don't have to pay an arm and a leg for the part plus shipping. 

At some point, I'll get around to sharing my PID controller box. Have a simple question that someone here might be able to answer, but it's late, so it will wait for another time in another post/existing thread.

Cheers!
Enjoy your next cook!

dubob

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum Elfremi from Winnipeg.

Quarlow

Hello Elfremi from Richmond B.C. I haven't been on the forum much in the last 3 years as I've been dealing with some heart issues. I haven't done much smoking in that time period either because we've kind of been displaced also. But we are pretty well set up again and back to smoking plus some other hobbies that lend itself to this ambition. Would love to hear about your PID as I also have built one and it works great. It was built for my other hobby but works equally well on the smoker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Quarlow on December 17, 2019, 12:11:20 AM
Hello Elfremi from Richmond B.C. I haven't been on the forum much in the last 3 years as I've been dealing with some heart issues. I haven't done much smoking in that time period either because we've kind of been displaced also. But we are pretty well set up again and back to smoking plus some other hobbies that lend itself to this ambition. Would love to hear about your PID as I also have built one and it works great. It was built for my other hobby but works equally well on the smoker.

Hi Quarlow;

Good to see you posting again. I hope your recovery of you health issues are coming along smoothly.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Nice to see you posting again Quarlow, sounds like you have had a rough time but good to know you are hopefully over then worst. Take care and I look forward to more of your posts.
Manxman

Quarlow

Not much has changed in 3 years. I had 3 stents put in 6 months ago but it hasn't helped a lot. They put me on an infusion therapy for my colitis to try and control that and it caused my liver to go for a 0. I battled back from that and then they did the stents. I feel better since the liver healed but the heart still is crap. oops, don't mean to take over your post. I'll go back to my corner. LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear this. I'm wishing you the best towards your recovery, and looking forward to your future posts now that you are back into smoking.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

QuoteSorry to hear this. I'm wishing you the best towards your recovery, and looking forward to your future posts now that you are back into smoking.

Likewise, I echo Habs comment re your recovery.
Manxman

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712