Element not heating up with smoke generator hooked up

Started by Wayne baker, September 14, 2019, 10:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne baker

Hi new to this and I can use some help. My 4 rack Bradley smoker only been used a few times. Today my element will not heat up. The only heat I am getting is that of the biscuit burner. I bypassed the generator and my element worked asap. I have a red flashing light from generator box. Looks to be flashing a code of 21. I checked power cords all good. Plugged directly into wall socket. Any ideas???

Habanero Smoker

Hi Wayne;

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have the digital 4 rack. I believe the code you are seeing is E1. The digital only displays two code errors; E  and E1.

The E1 error indicates that you have a problem with the thin sensor wire that runs from the generator to the cabinet. Some times bits of plastic residue from the manufacturing process may obstruct the wire from getting a good connection. Unplug that cord and make sure there are no foreign objects in either the male or female connectors. Next unplug and plug that cord in several time to make sure you have a good contact. If that doesn't work, reverse the connectors (unplug the end that was attached to the generator and plug that end into the cabinet, and the cabinet end into the generator). Again unplug and plug in several times to make sure there is a good connection.

If that doesn't work you may have a bad sensor wire. Check the wire for any cracks. It could also be a faulty sensor, with will require more troubleshooting.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Hello Wayne and welcome to the Forum. Please let us know it Habs suggestions resolved your error issue, or there was something else going on.