New to Bradley but an “old smoker” lol.

Started by Alusardi, November 12, 2019, 09:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alusardi

Hey everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is A#### but every one calls me Lou. I just purchased a Bradley original 4 rack-30" and I am loving it ! My previous experience (5 years) of smoking was with a propane masterbu***.  Altho I had occasional successes the OH WOW factor was never really there . I know I know it's Not me it's you...so after timeless research and hours of indecision I accidentally stumbled across a YouTub*   Video of someone making sweet smoke love with a digital Bradley . In my research I was considering a digital electric smoker to include the Cuisina** as a front runner. The only thing that held me back from pulling the proverbial "buy it now " trigger ( insert fart noise here) was the ongoing issues of the digital controllers.  My life is without drama or confrontation so I decided to go with the Bradley original with the analog controls. I have had it now going on a week and after the painstakingly long seasoning process (4 hours OMG) my first smoke was a clutch of Armadillo eggs . I found a nest near to my house here in S FL and as anyone knows the 7 banded variety puts up a hellacious kerfuffle when you raid the nest. Having patched my wounds and taking the time to properly season and wrap the eggs in bacon two hours later I had a feast that rivaled a Caligula banquet. I invited some neighbors over to try the delicacy and they were
apprehensive but intrigued that a "varmit" could yield such a  tasty treat that they threw me up on their shoulders and paraded me about the retirement community!  So I guess that in making a long story a trilogy I am currently cold smoking some cheese ( with salami slices ) and my neighbors can't get their head wrapped around the aging process. If I in fact survive the next two weeks I will need some tips and tricks that the forum members use to make some delicious yet unique recipes.
Thank for inviting me and if you ever find yourself in ****beach FL please look me up !

With most smoking luv,
Lou
If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

Edward176

Nice story, glad to hear it worked out for you. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy.

Alusardi

Lou

dubob

You had me going there for a spell.  I've never heard of Armadillo Eggs before and I was fairly certain that armadillos don't lay eggs.  I had to look it up.  I'd eat those in a heartbeat.  I may even need to make those myself.   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

manxman

Hi Alusardi and welcome to the forum.

I too googled Armadillo Eggs on the back of this thread and came up with what looks like a fabulous Texas BBQ speciality containing bacon, pork meat, cheese and jalapeño for example?

Perhaps at some point you could share your recipe, they look great.  :)
Manxman

Alusardi

Manxman , I am going to share the recipe on the recipe forum.  They are excellent!

Lou

Alusardi

BTW  what is the best way to share photos ? Image flip wants me to create an account. That's one one more password I will have to create and try to keep in my brain housing group.

Lou

dubob

Quote from: Alusardi on November 18, 2019, 01:51:43 AM
BTW  what is the best way to share photos ? Image flip wants me to create an account. That's one one more password I will have to create and try to keep in my brain housing group.
I use IMGUR for all my internet picture posting.  It's free and very easy to use and I keep everything in my account in albums.  Makes it real easy to find a picture for specific posting.  And it gives you a simple method to copy the BBCode to post in a website.

As to passwords, I have over 180 passwords to manage.  And I don't have to remember any of them.  I use the FREE version of the 'LAST PASS' app on my computer AND my cell phone.  The ONLY password you will have to remember is the one you need to sign in to LAST PASS - called your MASTER PASSWORD.  If you lose or forget your MASTER PASSWORD, then you're out of luck.  There is no way to recover the information stored in your LAST PASS account without the MASTER PASSWORD.  And LAST PASS doesn't store that one anywhere.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Alusardi

Thanks Bob , But if you look up lost password guy in the encyclopedia Brittanica  they have a picture of me ! I will try the Imgur site. As we speak I am smoking another batch of cheese to test the ability to keep my temperature down. We are having a cold spell here in S FL it's 60 degrees. If this is successful I have some Salmon in a brine in the fridge that will smoke tomorrow.  I will attach some pics to the cold smoke forum.

Smoke good fire bad !

Lou