Auber dual probe PID question.

Started by Alusardi, November 13, 2019, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alusardi

Hey everyone,  Ever since getting my Bradley Original BS611 I have been struggling with the advent of temperature spikes.  I am considering an Auber WSD 1200 dual probe PID . I am really trying to avoid drilling into the back of my unit and want as simple of a temperature unit as possible .  Does anyone have this unit and in your honest opinion is it worth the money . I am also trying to avoid modifying or adding the hearing elements.

Thanks for looking and being kind to a simple yet motivated old guy.

If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

Toker

I have it and I didn't drill any hole at all. Just pass your cables through the door and you'll be fine. It's +/-2 degrees so I think you really won't regretting if you decide to buy but I bought the WiFi one and I like it better because it's a lot easier to setup.

Alusardi

Thanks for the input Toker, WIFI ?  I didn't see that on their website. Do you have a model # ?

Lou

dubob

Lou,

Welcome to the wonderful brother(sister)hood of smoked food heaven.   ;D

I have an older model of the Auberins PID Controller that you are considering; mine is a WSD-1203CPH.  It is no longer listed on the Auberins website and looks like the WSD-1200GPH would be what replaced it.  I've had mine for over 10 years and it is still going strong.  I did get mine with the wall mounted temp sensor and drilled a hole in the back wall for its installation.  The instructions were very on point and easy to understand.  It hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.  Just follow the instructions to the letter and you will be home free.

There are NO temp spikes with a PID controller.  In all my cooks, the temp stays +/- 1 degree 100% of the time of the set temp.  In air temps of below freezing (32 or below) I always wrap the cabinet with a quilted moving blanket (cheap at Harbor Freight).  Probably not an issue in Florida.   ;D

The Auberins PID Controller is most definitely worth every last penny.  I would never use my Bradley without it.  And the dual probe is the best way to go IMHO.  I know you are hesitant to drill that hole in the back wall, but I truly believe it is the best way to go and you really don't have to be a master mechanic to do it.

Good luck and show us some pictures of the taste treats you will produce in the future.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss

Alusardi

Hey dubob,  Thanks for the recommendation. I now have another "toy"to add to my wish list.   One question for the wall mount probe .  Did you remove the back of the unit as recommended? And where did you mount it ?  Above the top rack or below?  As far as the pictures go I have a few I would like to share but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I searched the forum help site but all the tips are from 2015 or earlier. I refuse to install the Tapatalk app because it is a portal to hell ! LOL It's going to get down to 50 degrees on Monday so after I put on my long Johns and parka on I'm going to smoke some cheese !
Thanks again and if you see smoke don't call the fire department call the liquor store !

Lou

Gafala

I mounted my temp probe on the center line and just above the third rack. and I didn't remove the back just drilled through no problem. Most of the wireing is below that.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

dubob

Same as Gafala - just drilled through where the instructions said to drill through.  Remember, I got mine over 10 years ago and the new instructions may have changed the procedure.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 77 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men don't ask permission to bear arms." ― Glen Aldrich
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ― Dr. Seuss