Armadillo eggs.

Started by Alusardi, November 19, 2019, 08:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alusardi

Good morning everyone,  It has been requested that I share my recipe for Armadillo eggs.  I will share the basic ingredients and then some 'extras' that can make them over the top.

1 pound of lean ground beef.
1 pound of mild Italian sausage. ( I like Jonsonville )
8-10 slices of uncooked bacon.
8-10 Large seeded jalapeƱos.
8oz package of cream cheese.
8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
1 serving of your favorite bbq sauce.

This is just the basics but I sprinkled chili powder and some fajita mix on the eggs before the cook.

Combine the beef and sausage together in a bowl .

Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together

Take the "cap" off the fat end of the jalapeƱos and core out the seeds ( pro tip use a potato peeler) keep in mind the more seeds you leave in the spicer the eggs will be.

Stuff each pepper with the cream cheese / cheddar mix .

Take the meat mixture and flatten out a patty that will be big enough to wrap around a single pepper.

Wrap each finished egg with a piece of bacon. I used a tooth pick to hold them together. ( Don't  Double wrap the bacon or it will interfere with the meat cooking)

Sprinkle some chili powder and fajita mix onto the finished eggs.

Place all your eggs on a piece of parchment paper or non stick Matt and plate on a smoker tray.

Get your smoker up to 275 /300 degrees and add your bisquettes. ( I used the hunters blend but my next batch will be with mesquite) .

Smoke for 1 hour or more depending on your  temperature. I rotated mine half way through the cook .

10 minutes before the end of the cook crank up the heat and slather some BBQ sauce .

Remove from smoker and plate em up and get at eatin !

Enjoy!

If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

manxman

Many thanks Alusardi, most definitely on my to do list!  :)
Manxman

Alusardi

If you have been touched by an angel please tell an adult !

Lou

Smoker John

Need to try this, sounds tasty. thanks for sharing
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712