Door won’t open

Started by LuvstheSon, February 09, 2020, 09:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuvstheSon

We keep our BS on our covered porch and it's protected from everything but the cold -though this winter has been mild.
The last time I used the Bradley, I couldn't get the door open, but my husband was able to. Now we can't get the door open at all. It's stuck shut! The vent is open, so it's not a vacuum seal. Has anyone else has this issue and how did you resolve it?
Blessings
Marie H

GusRobin

Sounds like the seal is stiuck. I would call Bradley support. Or I would try pouring hot water on the seal and see if that loosens it up. (ut just guessing)
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

cathouse willy

Heat the door around the seal with a heat gun or a hair dryer, or just run the unit empty for awhile.

Habanero Smoker

Hi LuvstheSon;

Welcome to the forum.

I've never had the door get stuck this bad, but on occasion have had it get stuck. It appears that the reason your door is getting stuck is that you are not cleaning the seal, and the door frame the seal comes into contact with. Periodically clean those areas with isopropyl alcohol, and a piece of cloth or paper towel. Smoke will build up in those areas, and it become an adhesive if it builds up too thick.

Depending on how cold it is outside, the hairdryer should help. As you heat the area use a plastic putty knife, or silicon scraper/spatula to pry the seal away from the door frame. After you get it opened give the seal and door frame a good cleaning.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Orion

Once the door seal and it's mating surface are clean wipe both of them with a little vegetable oil on a cloth. The seal will eventually get dry and brittle from the heat and smoke. A light wipe with oil after each cleaning will extend its life and improve the seal.
I always store mine with the door open an inch or so to allow air to circulate and discourage anything growing in it.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

manxman

Just to add one idea to the good advice from Orion and Habs, I keep an small unused paint brush with my smoker to brush puck bits from the smoke generator between use. I use this to wedge the smoker cabinet door open as suggested in Orion's post.
Manxman