Thank you!

Started by rgthoma, May 17, 2020, 05:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgthoma

I just wanted to give thanks to this site and especially Habanero Smoker for helping me with my New OBS.  I bought the smoker from a friend who was moving out of the country.  Used it a couple of times but wasn't impressed with the temperature changes and especially the recovery times after simply opening the door.  Reading about the dual element upgrade piqued my interest so I started reading about it.  Most of the "how-to" information seems to have been archived but Habanero Smoker provided instructions for being able to read the older stuff - which is amazing BTW.  So now I'm ruined!  I bought the Auber WIFI PID unit and added the second element.  What a difference!  I've been smoking like crazy the last couple of weeks.  Lots of ribs and a couple of butts and chicken of course.  Like I said....I'm ruined!  This is like a new tech toy for me to play with.  Being able to program the PID, even from the comfort of my couch while watching an old baseball game on TV, and having the temperature control, SG control, etc.  This is really a great way to operate the smoker.  Thanks again everyone, even though only one name was mentioned, I have read numerous posts on this site and have appreciated the sharing of knowledge. ;D

Edward176

Great to hear you're a happy camper :)  I did the same dual mod on my Bradley smoker 3-4 years ago too, and purchased the Auber PID, and haven't looked back either. It heats up quickly, recovery is fantastic, and now I can smoke into winter without worrying whether or not it'll cook today. Like you said  it's a pleasure to plan a meal and smoke it with a reasonable time of when it'll be done.   :P :) :) 

manxman

There have always been a good number of very helpful people here on the forum who between them manage to sort out the majority of problems, however Habs is without doubt the longest serving and most dedicated of all and many of us owe him their thanks.. long may it continue!  ;)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Glad to see everything work out well, and you are up and running. Also glad to see that you can find meat!  ;D ;D

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)