Recovery time?

Started by SnowDawg, June 01, 2020, 05:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnowDawg

Hello looking for advice

Sunday was the maiden run for my new smoker.  The smoke was a recipe from the Bradly library, Maple Marinated Pork Loin and it was delicious to say the least moist, tender and good flavor.  As for the overall performance of the Bradly BS611 I am happy.  During the preheat phase the smoker achieved temperature quickly.

My only issue is after I put the pork lion in the recovery time was a concern.
Now before the questions are asked yes, I took my meat out of the fridge and allowed to reach room temp and yes my smoker was out of the wind.
My question is for recovery time is there a method or product to speed the process.

Any advice is greatly appreciated and welcome. I do like the Bradly smoker.

Thanks Snow Dawg

manfromplaid

there are a few things that will help with recovery time. a couple small bricks wrapped in tin foil will work as heat sinks. give your smoker a little longer to preheat will heat up the bricks. make sure the water bowl is filled with hot water. as the meat heats it releases moisture which will keep the smoker cool so I run with the top vent wide open. these are basic things to try first. hope these help have fun with your new smoker.

watchdog56

Welcome to the club. It takes time and many questions to learn the tricks so don't be afraid to ask anything.

Edward176

Hello SnowDawg and welcome to the Forum!!  I let my smoker and bisquette burner heat up for about an hour and actually heat it up hotter than I require ( maybe 20-30 Degrees). Once the meat goes in the temp will drop but seems to recover a little quicker. The Hot water in the bowl works well too. Good Luck....