Problems with the P10 Pro Smoker.

Started by DrWoo, June 15, 2020, 04:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrWoo

Trying to get support for my brand new smoker.   I have two issues with the smoker.

• Err 3 is showing up on the smoker display.  This is a jammed bisquette error code.  This is occurred after 40 minutes of smoke with the water level at the proper fill line.
  • Probe 2 does not lock when connected and falls out of the probe connector

How do you clear a jammed bisquette?  My older simpler designed Bradley this was an easy fix, but there are no instructions on how to resolve this problem in the Manual.  In general I think the manual that came with the smoker is weak.  This is my first smoke with this smoker since seasoning it.  Disappointed.  I've contacted Bradley for support, however I never received a response about this problem.  Ironically I also had an issue with purchasing some additional stuff through their website and I was contacted almost instantly.   Both of these support cases were open the same day.   

Habanero Smoker

Good Morning Dr Woo;

Welcome to the forum.

If you have the manual, go to page 24, and read the instructions for "Err 2 Bisquette Burner and burner sensor removal." In the instructions "To change the burner...."; follow those instructions through #9. Once the assembly is removed, remove the "Bisquette dispenser cover" that will expose the turntable and you should be able to remove any jammed bisquettes; or check for other reasons that may jam the turn table. I'm not sure how to remove the cover. It may just lift off, or it may be attached by screws. After removing the bisquettes and it jams again, you should contact Bradley.

As far as the problem with the probe, you should contact Bradley about that. It sounds like a manufacture defect. Have you tried switching the probes to see if the problem is with the probe cable, or the connection.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

GaryCanuck

I'm having the same issue with Error3. When I remove the stacker tube and biscuits, the feeder table is not centered in the hole. If I initiate a manual feed, the table cycles and then centers in the hole. But after the next cycle, I get the same error and issue. There seems to be excessive noise at points as the table turns. I also note the table cycles in either direction. Is it supposed to do that?

Olev

Table pushes the bisquette forward by rotating it 180 degrees. When bisquette has reached the burner it moves back ever so slightly to disengage from the bisquette. This is to avoid buildup the char on leading edge of the bisquette cavity. If the generator makes excessive noise when rotating, please open up the generator and loosen the drive motor and push it away for about 1mm. This should relax the gear engagement and no more error 3 will be popping up. Hope it helps. 

DrWoo

Something I've noticed over the last couple of months. 

• On hot days the cellulose in the Bisquettes can melt and stick to the surface of the turntable in the Bisquettes tube.  This causes the Bisquettes to not drop into the hole in the turntable.
  • The hole in the turntable can get burnt cellulose build up that can cause the Bisquettes to not fall into the hole in the turnable and causes a feed issue

My recommendation is to make sure you clean the hole in the turntable to ensure that the Bisquettes will properly advance.   This has been a source of a lot of problems for me.  I'm curious if I'm the only one getting a lot of err 3 codes?

Habanero Smoker

I'll keep an eye on that as a potential problem. I haven't come across that problem yet. I have notice a lot of residue built up at the diffuser plate, but not that much on the burner or turntable. I've been experimenting with the flavored bisquettes; such as Caribbean, Beer, etc. and thought the extra residue was caused the herbs and other ingredients in these specialty bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

twogeckos

Have only used my new Bradley Pro 3 times. Err3 every time after about 1 hour of smoking. Will be calling them tomorrow.

Habanero Smoker

When you call you will probably get a message. At the end of the message it will give you an email address to where to send your message.

In the meantime check your bisquettes that you are using and make sure they are not misshaped; particularly they may have gotten stored in a high humid area which caused them to swell. The only time I got an Err3 was when I used an old batch of bisquettes that had slightly swollen.

When you get it up and running normally, check the turntable after every use. I find a lot of residue builds up around the burners, and diffuser. I've been using a lot of the special flavors lately, so that could be the cause of the extra build up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.