Super smoker P10 could be if..?

Started by gizy-CA, August 05, 2020, 10:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizy-CA

Hello ...P10 owners.

What you missing or would like to change in P10 smoker to make it SUPER smoker ever build by Bradley?
It is my wish.

1.COLD SMOKE ....attachment...not a ice bottles/packs
2.Temperature probe.... that allow to turn off the smoker power when it reach preset temp. Job done .

PLEASE ad your ideas...my be Mr.Bradley will hear us.

Habanero Smoker

I'm not sure if I would classify this as a Super Smoker, at least not yet.

Below is the wishlist I've been complying over the last month. Besides the ability to cold smoke without ice, and shutoff at set meat probe temperature -

Wish list:
An On/Off button on the front panel.
Firmware update to fix the difference of temperature that is shown on the Bradley display to that of my third party thermometers.
Bluetooth or better yet Wi-Fi; if not a better  and louder alarm notice.
A way for U.S. users to change the temperature default to Fahrenheit.
Removable porcelain coated heat element covers, for easier cleaning. Even if this is a future optional accessory I would purchase it.
Ability to disable child lock.
Improvement of CookTool.exe – better yet develop a U.S. version, with better instructions, and one that can read and import Menu.txt files.
Dedicated webpage for the BS1019's CookTool and FAQ's.

The above are a few that I've jotted down so far.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

gizy-CA

Thank you Sir for pointing very important ...useful options. I agree with all of them 110%.
What can we do to get Bradley Co. to get their attention to this issue.

TedEbear

An actual PID controller that would keep the temps regulated to within 1 degree +/- of the setpoint.  Bonus if it includes WiFi to monitor the temps remotely with a high/low temp alarm.

A 1000W heating element.

Habanero Smoker

I'm still drawing up my list.  :) I believe the Bradley Corp. does listen to suggestions, but is like an aircraft carrier - in that it takes them a long time to change course once they do decide to make the slightest change in direction. I think posts like this, emails to their customer service, and on social media are all helpful. I'm getting ready to send an email about my firmware version, and the discrepancy of the temperature reading I'm getting. I just want to do a couple of more tests.

TedEbear;
Good suggestions. The  controller I believe does use the PID algorithm, it's the programing of the PID that needs improvement. It does maintain consistent temperatures mainly within +/- 2 degrees, but the readings seem to be 10 - 20 degrees higher than the set temperature. I am surprise that I agree with Bradley's decision to use the two 400w heating elements and the two 100w bisquette burners. At first I was questioning this. The two 400w heating elements  seem to be enough heat alone, but I haven't tested it with a full load. The largest loads was a 4.5 pound leg of lamb, and a different load of a 4 pound pork loin plus 3 pound of chicken wings. The two elements are evenly spaced, and run parallel along the bottom of the cabinet. This should improve the even distribution of heat. I have a suspicion that the PID controls each element individually, but at this time it is just pure speculation that I've come to after three tests. The two 100w bisquette burners do a great job of burning the bisquettes, and from the few cooks that I've done with it, I feel I need to reduce the amount of smoke that I apply.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)