interior cleaning

Started by curly joe, May 20, 2021, 04:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curly joe

Should the interior of the cabinet be cleaned?  Racks, tray etc are cleaned after ease smoke.  Just wondering about the interior. Wills effect final taste if cleaned regularly?

Toker

You only clean what you can remove, not the walls.

Habanero Smoker

You don't want to clean the walls. Though you want to wipe off any grease spatter. Also if the buildup on the walls begins to flake, loosely crumble up a wad of foil, and use that to brush the loose buildup off the walls.

Buildup on the walls is called "seasoning". It is believed that the seasoning adds additional layer of flavor.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Hello curly joe and welcome to the forum.
I'll echo what Toker and Habanero said, never need to clean the interior of your smoker. I just wash my V-tray and racks after each smoke as well as wipe off any grease and/or moisture from the interior with a paper towel. I use rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and wipe down the door seal and where the seal contacts the smoke box to remove any grease, dirt and moisture. That's it. When the black "seasoning" on the interior starts to flake and peel I crumple some aluminum foil, or a use a BBQ brush, and rub the box interior to remove any flakes. After smoking and cleaning I leave the door open to dry out the smoker till next time.