Fuse in generator keeps blowing

Started by brswiech, September 04, 2020, 11:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brswiech

I hope someone out there with more experience can help me as my knowledge on electronics is lacking. So I have a Bradley six rack digital and smoked a butt last week. Being lazy I left it out uncovered and we got some rain. So a few days later I go to turn it on and it blows the fuse in the smoke generator. So I order more fuses, unplug all the wires and open up the door. A few days later I plug the cabinet directly into an outlet. I thought maybe I could get the element to come on and maybe narrow the problem down to either the generator or the cabinet.  Well I ended up electrifying the whole cabinet. When the fuses come in I check the ground on the generator and it's a bit corroded. I clean up, put in a new fuse and it works. So I turn it off, plug the generator into the cabinet and turn both on. They are only on for a minute or so before the fuse blows again. Next I clean the ground on the cabinet, plug everything back in and it blows the fuse as soon as I turn it on. So I'm not sure what to check or do next.

cathouse willy

Based on what you've posted, the trouble is in the cabinet, the hot lead is shorted to the cabinet skin somewhere. Take the back off and have a good look. Blowing fuses generates heat.Happy trouble shooting.