Newbie from the UK

Started by Elecrafter, September 08, 2020, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elecrafter

Just to say Hi, and start smoking.

Just got a secondhand 4 rack Digi. TBH I am not that impressed, as the shelves, round bowl, Oblong tray, and the V shaped plate have rust holes in them where the chrome plating has cracked and it rusted through. I gave it all a serious clean, and they appeared! It now need seasoning, but I wasn't going to cook in something that I don't know how clean it is, after being in someone else shed for a while.

Just need to do these repairs and then I will be smoking.

I make my own sausages, so the Bradley will be very useful.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes.

OH, what a FAFF with those questions just to post on the Forum!!
One question asks what the last letter or symbol in the sentence is, it shows a ".:" I cannot get it to accept any of the following e or . or .: or :
These are the only things on the screen, so what the hell is the right answer, as it too me ages to register with this same question keep popping up and rejecting all my answers. I suppose its going to be something simple, but I cant figure that one out.
It all seems way too much and over the top for a Forum.

Also the lack of HTTPS, so my password and any other personal data is shown in the clear when transmitted. C'mon guys its not too hard to get a SSL certificate on the webiste is it?

Ele.

Edward176

Greetings from Canada and welcome to the forum Ele

Habanero Smoker

Hi Elecrafter;

Welcome to the forum.

To help prevent rust on the trays I've found that directly after washing the trays, place them in the oven, set it for 200°F. When the oven hits 200°F, turn the oven off and leave the trays in the oven until they are cool enough to handle. This thoroughly dries them. If that doesn't completely work, give them a spray of non-stick oil after they warmed to the touch. If the holes are large and allowing grease to drip through you may want to replace it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bootheel BBQ

Hello Elecrafter,
      How are things going with your smoker? I'm in the same boat as you , picked up a 4 rack digital second hand and need to give it a thorough cleaning. Hope things are working out for you !