Heating Element

Started by eyeguy54, September 20, 2020, 11:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeguy54

Is there a vid anywhere on replacing the standard element in my 4 rack Bradley? Thx

Habanero Smoker

Hi eyeguy54;

Welcome to the forum. I couldn't find a video, but Bradley support posted these instructions on the forum. I've change the element, and it is fairly easy. If this is your first time changing the element, you may want to take pictures of how the wire guard, reflector, and porcelain insulators are installed before you remove them. You will need a Philips screw driver, and an adjustable wrench (or a 7mm wrench)

• Replacing the heat element is a fairly easy task.

• Start by UNPLUGING THE SMOKER FROM THE WALL OUTLET.

• Open the smoker door and remove the four Phillip's head screws (two in each side of the white porcelain insulators)

• Take a good look as to how the wire guard and reflector are installed and remove them. If you have a digital camera take a picture of how it is assembled prior to removing them.

• Gently pull the heat element out slightly about 1 inch or so (don't pull to far or you will pull the wires off the plug in the rear of the tower)

• Remove the nut on each end of the heat element and remove the element.

• To install the new element reverse the above steps.

• BE CAREFULL WHEN TIGHTENING THE SCREWS ON THE INSULATORS THEY ONLY NEED TO BE SNUG.

• If your new element does not work double check that you didn't pull a wire off the back plug.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

eyeguy54

thx.  my element is black about two inches each side and then red. so I just ordered a new one. had it a couple years now and love it!  whats the deal with all the verifying to post something. crazy

Habanero Smoker

From your description of the element, it looks like it is functioning properly, but it is always good have an extra one on hand. If you have a multimeter you can test it. After disconnecting the wires check the Ohms. It should read between 27 - 32 Ohms.

The forum verification is setup to prevent spammers from posting. So unfortunately new members have to put up with it for awhile.  The verification stops after you sign in so many times.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Welcome to the forum eyeguy54. It sounds like your element is working normally, they usually take a bit to heat up and the ends, 1-2 inches will remain dark, while the middle section will glow orange/red.