Feed button sends two pucks through every time

Started by twogeckos, October 12, 2020, 05:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twogeckos

Okay, I'm probably doing something wrong, but got the ERR3 today. Opened it up, lost all the smoke  :'(, seemed okay so I hit the Feed button and it fed two pucks through. That's a good way to go through pucks quickly by the way. Anyway, finished up, cleaned everything and started experimenting with the Feed button. Sure enough, every time I press it, it sends 2 pucks in.

What's up???

Habanero Smoker

I've haven't used the feed button yet. I will have to check my out today to see if it does the same. From your other post, I'm beginning to suspect you have a problem with your turntable.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

I forgot to test the advance button until just now. I just turned it on, and mine is also rotating twice when I use the advance button. I'm going to let it warm up a bit, to see if it has anything to do with the burner sensor. I'll report back after it has warmed up for awhile.

After Warmup:
Try letting your smoker warm up after turning on the smoke cycle. It is a cool day today, so mine took about 15 minutes for the burners to reach the proper temperature. After the smoker warmed up when I used the advance button, it only feed one bisquette at a time. I guess it is part of the safety features that are built in. I know that the smoker will not auto feed a bisquette to the burners until the burners reach a certain temperature. What this safety feature is for, I don't understand, or maybe it is to avoid wasting bisquettes. So what I believe is happening is that the burners are not at the right temperature, and thus the Bradley goes into self test mode, and cycles the turntable again. If this is what's occurring then Bradley should update their firmware to disable the advance button mode until the burners are at the correct temperature.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)