Generator/Puck Stack

Started by trapp, November 12, 2020, 03:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapp

Had a problem with pucks not moving forward.  Manually placed pucks throughout a bacon smoke.  Ready to tear it all apart, see what problem was and repair it.  So after a long research process i did find that the feeder tube had to be pressed right to the bottom but not touching the shuttle.  Tried that and it works just fine.  :-[

Habanero Smoker

Hi trapp;

Welcome to the forum.

Your post is a little confusing to me, but then it is early in the morning. :) When you say puck stack, are you refereeing to loading the bisquettes so that they are stacked so that the bottom bisquettes is resting flat on the shuttle? Or are you stating that the feeder tube should be pushed down until that is resting on the shuttle?

If you push the feeder tube in too far it will not feed the bisquettes properly. The feeder tube should only be pushed down until it comes to a small ridge that is inside the generator housing. Also it has to be straight. If it is even slightly angled that will interfere with the feeding of the bisquettes.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

trapp

Sorry yes the feeder tube.  Been using this smoker for several years now and can not believe I forgot to push it down firmly. Mine actually has a ridge that it goes down to. It will not go down far enough to touch or interfere with the puck feeder.  I will edit my OP. Thank you.

Edward176

Hello trapp and welcome to the forum... Glad you found your problem and were able to fix it so quickly.

Habanero Smoker

Great troubleshooting. I bet the bacon came out great.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

trapp

Edward176

Looks really good!!!  I'm smoking my pork belly's this Tuesday. Hope it looks as good as yours ;)                                                                                                                     

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.