Idiotic questions for posting

Started by byacey, November 29, 2020, 01:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byacey

I'm new to the forum, and have wasted considerable time wrestling with the anti spam settings trying to post. I understand the need for this, but this is looking ludicrous already.

When I try and post I'm confronted with retyping some hazy letters that are next to impossible to read, but fortunately you can listen to an audio clip enunciating what the letters actually are. Then  I get a sentence asking me what the last letter or symbol is in this sentence, which is displayed as .:   
What the hell is this, braille? I don't have this on my keyboard. I've also tried typing "period colon"  , " .: ",  " : " , " colon" but it keeps prompting me that  the answer is incorrect, and to make matters worse, one can't even select a different question.

Who thinks up these thing?

Habanero Smoker

Must be some geek sitting on his couch, thinking of ways to frustrate people. I've never seen that character.

From what I've read from other members, after you log on for a specific number of times you don't have to go through this.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manfromplaid

Barny

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 29, 2020, 02:16:47 PM
Must be some geek sitting on his couch, thinking of ways to frustrate people. I've never seen that character.

From what I've read from other members, after you log on for a specific number of times you don't have to go through this.
Glad you made it. Don't feel bad , It took me about 4 hours with similar issues . Was about to give up but finally got past all that annoyance (I think)  . . .lol . . So far so good except I can't get email notifications to threads I have posted in . Not sure if that is possible in this site .