A real test

Started by Misseem, December 10, 2020, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misseem

Smoked a pork butt today as a test before the Christmas brisket. The new range hood, 900 W heating element and Auber PID worked well together.  Ran at 240* to 204 internal temp. A couple of comments: 1) Auber needs to hire some one to write a usable manual.  This things a mess (and yes I used to write them).  2) We blew right thru the stall and finished in 7 hours, my fastest butt.

Happy, happy, happy!

Edward176

I agree with you on the Auber PID manual, its very very lacking and a little more info/instruction would be helpful. I did the dual 500 watt element mod and have the Auber PID and haven't looked back. The recovery rate is phenomenal, and now maintains box temperatures like a champ, even in minus temperatures. I can usually smoke into December, and my last smoke of the season is a Christmas turkey, which was virtually impossible before I did the mod. But a Christmas brisket eh? Great idea. Good luck and happy smoking. 

Chuckals

Did you have to leave the sensor cable plugged into the Bradley?
How did you hook up the pic?

Misseem

yes, the temp cable was hooked to the smoker as in  original set-up.

PID - temp cables thru the vent, power cable to the heating element.

Edward176

I had to drill a hole in the back of my 6 rack Digital (as per Auber Instructions) and connected my PID temperature probe/sensor that way. Works like a charm and no issues.