Bradley Cold Smoker Attachment

Started by PKautza, December 30, 2020, 10:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKautza

Hi All,
Not sure where to ask this.  I no longer have the Bradley Smoker but I do have a Bradley cold smoker attachment that I only used once and it is still in the box. I live in the western suburbs of Chicago.  I am offering it for free because I would like someone to get some enjoyment out of it.  If you don't live in the Chicagoland area it can be yours for the cost of shipping.  I just don't want to have to throw it away.

Eastwood

You have a message

Skickat från min Nokia 8.1 via Tapatalk

Camrin

Posted reply via essaytyper
Hi,

I guess the offer is not valid, but I'll give it a try.
Looking for a user friendly pipe for my Bradley cold smoker attachment. I'm not at all happy with the pipe that came with it. Should I try a foil flexible hose perhaps?
Thanks.

Camrin

Could anyone who tried to modify their cold smoke attachment share a pic here?

Habanero Smoker

I modified my cold smoker adapter by using the flexible foil type dryer hose. It's been a while since I used it, and I can't remember all the steps I did. I'm in the U.S., so the standard diameter for a dryer hose is 4-inch. This diameter was smaller than the hose that came with the adapter. So I will have to check exactly what I did to attach the 4-inch hose to the adapter. Running the 4-inch hose through the opening of the side of the Bradley was no  problem. The flexible 4-inch hose fits snuggly through that hole in the side of the Bradley.

I not longer use an online photo hosting so I will not be able to post pictures, but once I take a look at what I did, I can write up the instructions. It was a fairly simple fix.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Having bought two cold smoke attachments historically to my mind the hose that comes with it is not fit for purpose and are like tissue paper, if you do a search you may find some past threads about it on this forum?

I bought some
QuoteAluminium Semi Rigid Flexible Duct Hose For 125mm Kitchen Ducting 3.0 Metre length 127mm diameter
from Amazon UK (exact description)  which equates to around 5.0 inch diameter. This fitted easily over the approximately 115mm / 4.5 inch cold smoke attachment adapter plates using jubilee type clips (I think I even used the original ones as supplied with the cold smoke unit?) which provided a smoke tight seal.

These adapters then simply clipped on to the cold smoke unit at one end and the Bradley smokehouse at the other end as normal, I bought a longer hose length to let me route the hose through a purpose built wooden shed which has the Bradley smoker on a shelf with the cold smoke attachment directly below. This allows me to keep the whole thing permanently set up and enables me to quickly switch between hot and cold smoking simply by moving the generator.

Hope this helps?  :)
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

It's been raining all day so I haven't had a chance to checkout how I attached my 4-inch hose. Butt I'm pretty sure that the 4-inch hose does did fit over the lip that extends from the top of the cold smoker adapter. That lip is not that wide, so it is slightly difficult to get that clamped on. When I did cut the flexible foil type dryer hose I had to make sure it was an even cut. Then I used a 4-inch worm clamp to tighten the hose to the top of the adapter. The other end of the hose fits snugly through the side of the smoker cabinet. It's a tight fit and no smoke will escape  from that area.

Let us know if you resolve your problem. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out my smoke adapter tomorrow. If I used a different hookup I'll update this post.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cathouse willy

I'm still using the tubing that came with my7 yr cold smoker. Bradley must have cut a corner here because
my tube is very heavy duty.Because my smoker lives in a cabinet moving the smoke gen is awkward so I leave it in the cold smoke position permanently, that way it works fine for both hot and cold smoking.