New from Ontario Canada

Started by Maillet282, December 19, 2020, 03:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maillet282

Hey everybody
The wife bought me a Bradley 4 rack digital smoker for Xmas.  And we are planning on smoking a brisket for Christmas supper as our inaugural smoke( not counting the seasoning cycle and the trial run)

Also, since it is winter here and the smoker won't be sitting out in the elements I'm planning on building a wheeled rack that will help me move the smoker from the storage area to the cooking area.

cathouse willy

Habanero Smoker

Hi Maillet282;

Welcome to the forum.

That is an ambitious project for your inaugural smoke. Search the forum for smoking/cooking methods on how members smoke their briskets in the Bradley. There are several that are posted; such as Pachanga, and/or WesTexaSmoker are members that I can think of at the moment. If you follow Pachanga's recipe, the only suggestion I have is to reduce the smoke time to 4 - 5 hours, then continue to cook until done.

Since it is winter, search the forum for "cold weather" (using the quotes), to see how members deal with smoking during the cold. Others may be posting giving more specifics for cold weather smoking.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

manxman

Welcome to the forum, let us know how you get on.  :)
Manxman

Maillet282

Well need to make a correction to my original post. The wife bought the original Bradley 4 rack smoker.( with an Analogue contrĂ´le box if that how you describe it. Anyways ended up buying a cart for it

Will post up a pic soon. Need to reset my imgur PW

Smoker John

Welcome aboard, some popular ways for heat retention in the Bradley is filling your water bowl with hot water, placing a pre-heated foil wrapped brick in there and also blocking wind. The wind is your enemy as you should keep the vent wide open in most cases. If you are still cooking after the smoke is done, keep the puck burner going for the additional heat. Avoid opening & closing the door as much as possible. There is probably more that I'm missing but these will help.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

Edward176

Welcome to the Forum Maillet282 and greatings from Winnipeg.

Maillet282