Hello from SW Ontario

Started by wmick, February 04, 2021, 06:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmick

Hi Folks.   Just want to do a quick introduction.  Greetings from SW Ontario, Canada.
For a family Christmas gift this past year, I purchased a gently-used 6-rack digital smoker...   and stuffed the stockings with a Knife and thermometer set for my 20 year old...   Set of Jerky racks for my 21 year old and a Bradley cookbook for my Wife.    We've only fired it up a couple times so far, but have had some amazing luck, for newbies.  Our first run was a Pork Loin, Pork Shoulder and Chicken... and it all turned out great.     I must admit, winter weather in my area has posed some minor challenges.   (about 8.5F here this morning)   I've needed to pre-warm the unit up with portable heater to eliminate an E1 error.  and wrapped the smoker in a blanket to maintain temperature.     Being an electrician and a millwright, I'm thinking about a few little modifications already.  ;)    Looking forward to playing around with some jerky and sausage once the weather gets a little warmer...   Thanks in advance for all the advice,...as I know I will be back with lots of questions in the future.
Cheers.
Wayne

cathouse willy

Welcome to the forum from the west coast. you'll find lots of friendly helpful people here.As you've noticed the bradley's 500w main heater struggles with the cold. There are a few simple things that help. A brick in the bottom of the oven will help with temp recoveries when you have to open the door.I bought a roll of water heater blanket material and wrapped the smoker and I keep my smoker in a small plastic garden shed.Others have added an additional heat element and swear by it. Hope this helps.

Habanero Smoker

Hi wmick;

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like you are off to a great start.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Edward176

Greeting wmick from Winnipeg, where we wish it was 8.5°F. Sounds like you gifted your family with ALL the right necessaries to smoke up a feast. Enjoy and welcome aboard :)

Smoker John

Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712