Smoke motor/generator stopped working mid-smoke

Started by SallySmoker, April 03, 2021, 10:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallySmoker

Help!

We had a digital motor/generator stop working after a few years of use. I bought a replacement and fired it up last night. After about 4 hours at 200 degrees, it simply stopped and will not power on. There is no fuse in the unit, like on the old unit. Has anyone else had this issue? The customer support line is an answering machine. I don't want to wait for a call back if there is a known/easy fix. Thank you all for your advice.

Habanero Smoker

Hi SallySmoker;

Try calling customer support during usual business hours, M-F. For awhile they were way behind in answering, but hopefully that problem has been resolved by now. If Bradley gave you a email address at the end of the message of the answering machine also send them an email.

I don't have the digital, and as you  noted they have changed the design. I read one post that the fuse is now located inside the generator. You may have a faulty generator, but with two generators going out on you, you may want to check if the problem isn't something else. If you have a computer power cord, plug the smoke cabinet (oven) directly into a wall socket. If the element doesn't heat up, the problem may be either a bad temperature sensor, or possibly a blown inline fuse.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)