Plastic holding heat element

Started by Smokey J, July 17, 2021, 06:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokey J

Hello,

I've just come home with a nice brisket to get ready for tomorrow and found my element has bit the biscut... Picked up a new one and unfortunately when I was taking the screws out to remove the element one stripped and a piece of the plastice broke.

Does anyone know if I can buy more of the plastic that actually holds the element? the stripped screw I can handle but without new plastic it seems like I need a new smoker. That can't be.

It's got lots of hours use so everything is covered and that likely led to both of my issues at hand. Any help or thoughts would be great.

Cheers
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Bull BBQ Angus 4 Burner
Case of Beer

Habanero Smoker

I believe you are referring to the porcelain insulator that holds the element in place. If it is that you can order a new part from Yard and Pool, or contact Bradley customer service. The part does not come with the screws.

Porcelain Insulator

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Smokey J

Thanks Hab, I managed to twist some things around and get the element out. Got it all back together now. After I removed the back I was able to pull the wires through to tighten up the element. Brisket is going in in the next couple days. Hopefully it all works fine. Seems good now.
Bradley 4 Rack Digital Smoker
Bull BBQ Angus 4 Burner
Case of Beer

Habanero Smoker

Glad you have everything rigged back up. Let us know how your brisket turns out.

I haven't been able to use any of my outdoor cooking equipment for the past few weeks because of rain. It's either steady rain, or the thunderstorms that come in as soon as I start up my Bradley or one of my charcoal cookers.  :(

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)