New Bradley P10 - Error 6?

Started by SammySmoker, August 03, 2021, 06:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammySmoker

Hi,

I just tried turning on my P10, only used it a couple of times, after a few minutes it gave me the Error 6 symbol and started beeping. It beeps and shows the error sign every time I try set the timer for my pucks. It will not let me proceed and restarting the machine / cleaning out the puck chamber does not help.

I can see on the manual the issue reads as a temperature sensor issue for the pucks. I have tried to unscrew the compartment with no luck, as it seems I will need a power drill.

Is this something I can fix myself? Disappointing considering I haven't had / used my P10 for very long. It was never kept outdoors. I've used it a total of 8 times. 

gizy-CA

Hi...I just check P10 manual and there is NO error 6 (errors from 1 to 5 ONLY)...could you check it again and let us know.Thanks.

SammySmoker

Hi, yeah it only shows quick fix guides for 1- 5 but on the pages before there is a page of all the error numbers - it says Error 6 is a temperature sensor issue

gizy-CA

My apology....you are correct....error 6 is on the second page. Cant help with this. Best bet to  call /email ...Bradley support.

Habanero Smoker

Since you still may be under warranty you should contact Bradley, and because you may need a new burner sensor.

When you say you may need a power drill, is that because the screws that attach the bisquette assembly to the cabinet are rusted? The manual states there is only one screw holding the assembly in but there are two. One screw is shown on the diagram, the second screw is under the drip pan. Remove the drip pan and you will see a small screw right above the bisquette burner. You only need a Philips head screwdriver, but make sure you use the correct size screwdriver or you will strip the screw head.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SammySmoker

Hi,

You're right, there are 2 screws but the manual is only showing 1. I contacted Bradley who confirmed that the manual is incorrect and is being updated. The screws were not rusted, I think they were just screwed in too tight.

Is there a video somewhere online where I can watch the disassembly process of the sensor? I dont want to damage the machine and the manual is hard to follow.

I contacted Bradley and they asked me to try unscrew the box first using the updated manual they sent me, but still its hard to follow.

Thanks

Habanero Smoker

I tried searching for a video, but could not locate one on replacing the bisquette sensor in the P10. The P10 is fairly new, so there is not much out there on repairs and replacement. If you are under warranty, I feel Bradley should replace the turntable, rather than have you make that repair.

The furthest I've gotten with the turntable is removing the turntable from the cabinet, and taking off the top cover to remove a jammed bisquette. Your screws may still be rusted. The reason I don't feel they are screwed in too tight is that they are self taping screws screwed into thin stainless steel. If they were over tighten they would have stripped the stainless steel. The screw that was rusted in my turntable showed no damage on the head, but when I finally got the screw out the threads were heavily rusted.

If the head is not stripped, you need to use the right size screw driver so you can use force without it stripping the head. I have a set of Stanley screw drivers with different size heads, and found the right size. Unfortunately the size of the head is not marked on the screw driver. Once I got the screws removed, and the cables detached; the turntable slid out easily. Just as a precaution you may want to squirt the screws with some WD40. Let it soak for a while, then give it a try. Of course you will have to clean and burn off the WD40 prior to cooking any food.

Like I mentioned above, once I got the turntable disconnected from the P10, I only remove the top cover. The directions in the manual make it seem more difficult than it is. To get to the sensor you don't remove the cover, but turn it over remove the burner controller then the four screws that connect the bottom plate to the middle plate. The most difficult part you may come across is removing the screws; if they have rust damage.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)