I have a 6 lb turkey breast going in the Bradley! more

Started by SmokinMoe, August 28, 2006, 08:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinMoe

Hey everyone!! I have missed you guys/gals, but have been busy building a new patio/addition for my Bradley (lol) and now have time to smoke again.
Anyway, I used the brine from Snapper39 posted back in Dec. of 2003 for the brine recipe and have maple pucks making the yard smell good.
I will let you know how it goes.
Just wanted to check in and say that I am still around!!!!

"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

icerat4

Welcome back.And good luck ive done these and no problems 165 internal temps should work out ok. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

car54

Wow, if you had to build a new patio just for the Bradley, that makes it extremely expensive, but what the heck!!

Brad

SmokinMoe

The turkey was a HUGE success.  The last turkey I did was too salty because I brined it too long.
This turkey breast I brined only 12 hours, but the next one, I would go a little longer since it wasn't salty.
I did not have time to foil and wrap for two hours, so did it for 15 minutes, and then, carved what we needed, ftw the rest for another hour.  I took it over to a friend's house, and it was gone before I left! All of it.
The brine was not overpowering and it only took 6 1/2 hours.  Next time, I will use ramp mode on the guru and cook it longer.
Glad to be back in the saddle again.
The patio was worth it.  It makes my primo grill and Bradley look great!!

Oldman

SM good to see ya posting again.

Glad your bird turn out so well for you.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

Just another weekend with the smoker...