Help with Halibut

Started by TomG, September 04, 2006, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomG

Mike, I have to admit the area does have its faults and the terra isn't always firma. :)

iceman

Ann and I did a wine cruise right there a few years back and had a blast. Fantastic food, wine and fun!!!!! I was a little nervous of all the people though. I guess being up here in the woods for 35 years does that to a person. Crowded to me means trying to get the red salmon out of the way so you can get to the silvers. :D

Kummok

Quote from: iceman on September 09, 2006, 04:35:55 PM
......Crowded to me means trying to get the red salmon out of the way so you can get to the silvers. :D

You CULL Reds to get to the Silvers?!?!?!? :o We've got to have a SERIOUS talk, Iceman!  ;) ;D

But I digress....the thread started with halibut, so I have a serious question on that topic....no, really, I mean a s-e-r-i-o-u-s question.....okay, here goes:

Question:
How
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
many
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
halibut
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
does
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
it
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
take
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
to
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
fill
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
your
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
freezer? ???

Answer:

ONE!

Note: This one was actually my neighbor's/fishing buddy's catch.....I usually get the 20 #'rs ;)

tsquared

Typical hali fisherman fetish. Get dressed head to toe in rubber and smile while you're holding a nice but.   8) Nice fish.
T2

TomG

Size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter, size doesn't matter.  Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

tsquared

Welcome to the forum, TomG. What is that building behind your marina? It looks like the dome of the rock!!
T2

TomG

T2, I appreciate the welcome. The dome is on the Palace of Fine Arts, the only building left from the Panama Pacific International Exposition of 1915.

iceman

Quote from: Kummok on September 09, 2006, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: iceman on September 09, 2006, 04:35:55 PM
......Crowded to me means trying to get the red salmon out of the way so you can get to the silvers. :D

You CULL Reds to get to the Silvers?!?!?!? :o We've got to have a SERIOUS talk, Iceman!  ;) ;D

ONE!

Note: This one was actually my neighbor's/fishing buddy's catch.....I usually get the 20 #'rs ;)
I was refering to the spawned out dead floaters coming back down the river. To pass up a good red is against the law isn't it? ??? ;D

Vampyr

Thats a nice fish!  All i get from halibut fishing is seasick. ;)  I wish i could get more tho.  I love  the  fresh halibut!!

Kummok

Quote from: Vampyr on September 10, 2006, 09:50:36 PM
......All i get from halibut fishing is seasick. ;)

You're welcome in our fishing party Vampyr.....we can always use a good "chummer" to bring the 'buts up to the surface so we can pick out the big'uns!  ;D ;)   (Besides, you could be my relief when I run out of "chum".....I get a little green around the gills at times too! :P)

MWS

Quote from: TomG on September 08, 2006, 05:42:46 PM
Shear, we're out of Gashouse Cove on the San Francisco city front about 2.5 mi east of the Golden Gate bridge.

Life is good ;D

We will miss you friend
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Kummok

You got it right, MWS....THIS is how I'll remember you, TomG! You were fishing just a few months ago and that's as close to heaven as we can get while still here on Earth....especially if you have the grandkids along! You will be missed......