Heater no more working !!!

Started by jeanmichel, September 07, 2006, 12:47:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanmichel

I was to smoke Salmon yesterday evening but when I tried to preheat the smoker to 220 F ... ??? No heat at all.
The 4 racks digital is 1 month old and worked properly the two times I used it.
I checked all components and found the heater element to be working properly only when pluged directly in a wall outlet.
That's what I did to smoke my salmon as it was ready.
So, I did the thermostat myself: pluging, unpluging, watching the sensor temp for 1 hour....
The culprit is the electronic box: only 30 volts or so out of the outlet "D" to power the heater element !
Called Bradley, sent an E-mail to explain the problem and waiting for the reply AND solution.
Hope having the problem solved fast as I'm going to Europe for 2 month on Sept 18th .....
Any of you encountered the same problem?

owrstrich

jeanmichel...

i only have expierence with the origional unit... i think most of the posters here only have expierence with the origional unit simply because the digital unit has only been out a few months...

however... hold on tight... someone will be along shortly who can help you out...

you gotta eat...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

jeanmichel

:)
Just to let you know that they have true professionals at Bradley's smokers !
Brian diagnosed the problem:
Should be a loose connection somewhere in the "box".....
For your information, in the case you encounter the same problem, mine was a loose connection between the heater connector (1' long cable) and the electronic box outlet.
They are sending me a new set and it will takes less than 10' to replace the outlet and plug in the new cord...
That's a fast and fair solution, thanks Brian and Bradley !
:)