Have smoker will travel

Started by whitetailfan, July 27, 2004, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Well, the ole jaw is still sore as hell[}:)] but I start holidays next week and there's no way it can last for 2 weeks.  I just found out today that my wife has arranged a vehicle swap with my inlaws and we will be using their pickup for the trip.  This means that somehow somewhere, I'm gonna find room for the Bradley in the back[:D] Yahoo!

We're travelling out to B.C. for a couple of weeks, with the main part of the vacation being a week at Mabel Lake where we will be camping.  What a treat it will be to do some all day ribs with a few cold ones hanging around the old camp fire.  Can't Wait!

If all works out well, I'll get hold of Olds and ask him to posts some pics for me.  My experiment in the test section failed and I have no where to upload pics.

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

BigSmoker

Posting pictures is easy as long as you have a digital camera.  Download your pics from camera to your computer.  Upload pic thru this free site //www.photobucket.com.  It will give you an url address.  Copy this address and paste it between the two img brackets after clicking this icon  see its that easy I just did it.  Have fun on your trip and glad the BS can tag along.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
http://devoted.to/bbq
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

whitetailfan

Well I've been back for about a week, and I'm sure a few pounds heavier[:I]  Portable Bradley worked wonderfully and I had a blast combining my new favorite hobby with holidays.  Sorry I did not take any pictures except for the ribs maybe, but here was the food for week 1 when I had the Bradley available with power:

Sunday - grilled up some smoked chops, frozen from another smoke last month
Monday - pulled pork, two butts worth (pecan)
Tues - smoked steak, then grilled em (hickory)
Wed - 2 yardbirds, Hi-Mtn game bird & poultry brine (maple)
Thurs - couple racks of spareribs using Wild Willys #1 Rub (hickory)
After that - <font color="purple">A Whole Lot of Freakin' Leftovers </font id="purple">my friend[:D][:D][:D]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.