What is the best way to Smoke 1st Cut Briskets?

Started by ahron, September 10, 2006, 04:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahron

I'm about 2 weeks into owning my Bradley and I am ready to try smoking briskets this week.  I bought 2 5-6 1st cuts.  I have been reading though all of the postings and can't find a consistent way people have smoked this size brisket in their Bradley.  What I was planning on doing was smoking for the first 4 hours @ 180 with 2 Oak and 1  apple then raising the temp to 190-200 until they are at 185, then FTC for 2 hours.  What is everyone opinion of this method and should i tent with apple juice after the 4 hours?  How long should it take them to cook and should I use a sugar based rub or salt based, or try one on each?  Last where in the smoker should I place then and how far apart?

Thanks!

Arcs_n_Sparks

ahron,

Sounds like you have five years worth of combinations and permutations to work out, especially if you add in stout, pale ale, lager, Jack, white and red wine to think it over before you start.

This is exactly why there is no single receipe, and why we look forward to your experiments and posts. Dang, 5:00 here in California, must be happy hour!!!

Arcs_n_Sparks

coyote

A-n-S,
       Remember , it's always five o'clock somewhere .

Arcs_n_Sparks

Quote from: coyote on September 10, 2006, 05:05:40 PM
A-n-S,
       Remember , it's always five o'clock somewhere .

Absolutely sound advice that I follow frequently  8)

Arcin' & Sparkin'

ahron

So what your saying is open 6 different beers drink half and use the other half on the brisket?  I usually don't start drinking till after 9am and i think i need to put it on earlier then that ;D