Bradley Stand????

Started by Eat This, August 04, 2004, 08:42:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eat This

Can you guys (and girls) share with me what you put your Bradley on? I would think most have them elevated in some fashion...it just seems to hard to work with being so LOW....maybe its my age but Im lazy......should I build something?? buy something?? just curious what other members here do?

kirk

nsxbill

I bought a rolling 3 shelf stainless wire cart from Sam's Club for $40 that fits perfectly.  I did about 3000 ft of decking last year with the composite plastic/wood 2"x6".  The top shelf on the cart is deep, so i set the BS on two pieces of this leftover 2"x6" to allow the door to clear the shelf edge.  It is perfect.  I can put my bisquettes and thermometer and cover and extra racks on the other shelves below.  

Other big advantage is I can roll it around and bring inside when  am not using it.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

kirk,
  I found a stainless steel cart at an auction that has a cabinet under the top. This unit is on wheels for easy mobility. Try to find something with wheels.

Hot Smokin Gal

That would be a great suggestion Bradley is add wheels on the smoker like the ST smokers.  Has anyone tried putting caster wheels on theirs?  Just wondering as I'm getting tired of carrying it in and out all the time.  I bought a cover but don't like leaving it outside all the time.[:X]

Chez Bubba

I would be careful about replacing the existing feet with casters, making sure that the same screws were used to attach them. There is insulation & a bunch of wiring in the bottom & you may compromise the integrity of the smoker.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Habanero Smoker

I was looking for a cart when I came upon this post. Since I am a Sam's Club member I went and purchased the stainless steel cart as suggested by Nsxbill. It is a good cart. The instructions indicate that you should but the deep shelf on the top. As mentioned in Bill's posting, doing this, you won't be able to open the door or plug in you heating element, and I was too lazy to rig something up to raise the BS. What I did was use the deep self as the bottom self. When you do this, make sure you adjust the self high enough to clear the wheels. The other two shelves are only about 1" deep. The door and electrical socket easily clears this, and the self is wide enough to give you easy access to the temperature control.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

David6340

Habanero, I saw this cart at Sam's over the weekend. Based on what you said, I'm goin back to buy it.

Thanks,

Dave [:D]

I Love The Smell Of BBQ In The Morning!

pfffter

I picked up a baker's rack at Lowe's and just didn't put in the back part.  Easy access to the back socket with 2 shelves on the bottom and a small shelf in the front for tongs, thermometer, etc.  It's been a real back saver.

Stu

Why doesn't Glade make a "Smoke" scented air freshener?